New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Xperia Bridge for Mac disaster

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

growlgrowl

growlgrowl is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2013. OSX 10.9. 8Gb mem, 3.6 GHz 750Gb HD. iPod Touch 2009. AppleTV2

I've just bought a Sony Xperia (can't afford iPhone contract). The app recommended to get data onto the phone is Sony's Bridge for Mac. Unfortunately when opened, the app uses several GB of hard drive space as well as the full CPU!! With my old MacBook struggling as it is, this is no good!!

Any idea how to get music and photos copied over without using this terrible app?

(My problem doesn't appear to be uncommon)
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Cant you just pair it with Bluetooth and browse its file structure with bluetooth assistant

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? – use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Or just use the official Android File Transfer app.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
growlgrowl

growlgrowl is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2013. OSX 10.9. 8Gb mem, 3.6 GHz 750Gb HD. iPod Touch 2009. AppleTV2

Cheers. That was so obvious and a relief!!! Thanks mate.

I just tested it out and got a tune on, hoping to use it as a ringtone as I had on my non-smartphone…doesn't seem to be an option here!

Looks like I'll not be able to auto sync my Xperia with a smart playlist as I can my iPod Touch!
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

If you decide that the Xperia isn't for you, take a look at the iPhone 4 or 4S ($0 and $99 on contract). Or have a look at buying someone's unlocked iPhone (4 or later) or even a locked one if it's on the same carrier. Most carriers now will unlock the phone for free or a small fee if you are a customer for 90 days in good standing.
QUOTE Thanks
ridim

ridim is on a distinguished road

this was a known bug that they have solved in 3.5

Download for Mac - Sony Smartphones (Global UK English)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« photo to pencil drawing | Microsoft AutoUpdate 2.3.6 »