Specs:
    13" MBP, 27" iMac, Mac Mini Server, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7, 2-Apple TV Gen 4
    Simple file copy software
    Hi Folks,

I've been running a Windows Server 2003 box for years to back up files from an offsite office. Essential it mirrors the file system from the office. I use a product called Second Copy to look for file changes on the remote site and copy them to the local machine. It's worked fine for years. But the local server I had died recently and I just bought a Mac Mini Server. It's about 1/100th the size, much more powerful, and quiet as a mouse. I can VPN to the remote office and map the drives with no problem, but I need something besides Time Machine to copy changed files. I still want a mirror of the file system so if the server in the remote office dies, I can just bring the Mac Mini down and stick it on the remote office network until I rebuild their local server.

So that's the background. Does anyone know of a decent program for Mac OSX Lion that will copy changed files automatically?

Specs:
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 7+, Numerous iPods, High Sierra
    Both Carbon Copy Cloner and SuperDuper can do the job. Of the two, I prefer Carbon Copy Cloner which also will copy the recovery partition. CCC has a built in scheduler and is pretty much automatic. I use it all the time. Go to this LINK

Specs:
    Thanks. I've been reading about CC. But will it do file copying without stuffing the file into an image? An image of the other server does me no good. I want an exact copy of the file tree. I couldn't determine from the site if it will do that. (Although there is a 30 free trial, so I could find out. I'm just lazy.)

Specs:
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 7+, Numerous iPods, High Sierra
    CCC does not create an image. You need to test it out for yourself.

Specs:
    Got it running now. Seems like it will work fine. Thanks.

Thread Information