New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Java SE 7 Update 13 update

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dlittwin

dlittwin is on a distinguished road

I installed Java SE 7 Update 13 thinking it would fix the Safari issue but it is still not working. I tested the Java install at How do I test whether Java is working on my computer? and it is installed properly. I've enable Java in Safari and rebooted - nothing seems to work.

It works OK in Firefox.

Has anyone tried this version of Java and have it working with Safari?
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlittwin View Post
I tested the Java install at How do I test whether Java is working on my computer? and it is installed properly. I've enable Java in Safari and rebooted - nothing seems to work.
I'm a little confused. If it worked on the test page (which it should since this version of Java hasn't been blocked), you should be able to run it anywhere. This is where I'm confused - it works there but then you say that it doesn't work.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
tada

tada is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac, 21", 2.7 GHz Core iS, 12 GB, 1333 MHz DDR 3

In Norway most banks use this Java applet in Safari to get you to your private account in order to pay bills, check your account etc. Because of the recent problems we have been asked to download the newest version of the app. In my case, and I have heard of others with a similar experience, it was not sufficient to download it. I had to uninstall the older version first. You´ll find instructions as to how to do this on Java.com
After uninstalling the version I had, and downloading ..13, everything has worked well on my machine.
QUOTE Thanks
dlittwin

OK - thanks Tada, I'll check java.com on the uninstall instructions, then reinstall the latest version to see if that works.
QUOTE Thanks
dlittwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
I'm a little confused. If it worked on the test page (which it should since this version of Java hasn't been blocked), you should be able to run it anywhere. This is where I'm confused - it works there but then you say that it doesn't work.
What I meant to say was that Safari doesn't seem to think Java is installed, while the same web page in Firefox works fine with this version.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« garden design | Mail CC Fields Button »