New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

MacBook Pro - Macbook Pro and Limewire

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MrMacMan

Hello there, this is my first post on this forum. I'm just wondering if anybody knows if Limewire will work on the mew intel macs. Or if it will run through rosetta. If not, are there any other ones other than Limewire that will work on the new intels?

I have a mac mini now and have installed limewire and it works great, but I don't think it's universal. I'm getting the new macbook pro soon and that's the one thing that I would still like to be able to do right away; download music.

I've been looking around the web, but can't seem to find any answers. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
MrMacMan

Never mind, I just checked out the Limewire website and they just released a new version. It allows you to use it on the new intel Macs.

Good news for Limewire fans who are getting or already have a new intel Mac.

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
christm

christm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1

isnt limewire illegal?
QUOTE Thanks
MrMacMan

If it was, then why do they keep coming up with new versions? Wouldn't they be in jail then??
QUOTE Thanks
pphking

pphking is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iBook 1.33 Ghz, 768 RAM

I think you will find that none of the P2P software is illegal, however using it to download files that are copyrighted such as music/movie files for example is unless you have prior permission to do so.

It's the same deal with Bit Torrent clients as well I would imagine.

Hope this helps
Paul
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

Like it is not illegal if you wanted to distribute someting you made to throw int on limewire or bittorrent, but if you were downloading something that was not licensed to be on limewire or bittorrent then it would be illegal to download them.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
zeta101

zeta101 has a spectacular aura about

Bittorrent can very very useful for legally distributing large files to a large audience, instead of having to have massive servers for the peopel to download you can just seed it on bittorrent for a while and let the users do the rest.

The media often portray all p2p as being illegal, it's quite scary how the media can get certain facts slightly wrong and it changes people opinions drastically!
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeta101
The media often portray all p2p as being illegal, it's quite scary how the media can get certain facts slightly wrong and it changes people opinions drastically!

I would be surprised if even 10% of P2P network traffic was for legal distributions.
QUOTE Thanks
zeta101

zeta101 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameis
I would be surprised if even 10% of P2P network traffic was for legal distributions.
You are absolutely right, it's probably a lot less than that. That's not the point though, the point is that people seem to think if you have or use p2p software then you are doing something illegal, as shown by christm's post.
QUOTE Thanks
christm

christm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1

wow thanks for a load of replies. i understand now.

cheers

chris :p
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:WMPNS.WMP error in browser???? | Good Flight Simulators? (10.3.9) »