New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Office for Mac 2011 and Time Machine

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

wildbirdsbeyond

wildbirdsbeyond is on a distinguished road

I'm using Office for Mac 2011 (which I feel is buggy) on my iMac and my Time Machine isn't working right- or it may have been affected by the buggy Office. When you delete an EMPTY folder with NO subfolders in Outlook from your Deleted folder, it shouldn't proceed to delete over 400 messages in 100 other folders located in your Inbox! So I followed instructions to restore the Main Identity file from several days ago when I knew my 400+ emails were in their appropriate folders. Then I do the Export/Import into Outlook and those 400 messages will not import. If I do a search on the hard drive, it finds them in the Restored Main Identity folder, but I can't get them to go back into Outlook. Any suggestions? I worked on this over 12 hours yesterday and tried 3 different restores of the Identity and can't get those message to come in to Outlook. Thanks so much.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
I'm using Office for Mac 2011 (which I feel is buggy) on my iMac and my Time Machine isn't working right- or it may have been affected by the buggy Office.
There's nothing wrong with Office for Mac 2011, however, keep in mind that Outlook Mac 2011 is version 1.0 software and as such still has some problems. Have you applied all the updates to Mac Office? (The latest update is 14.2.5.)

In order to restore the information from Outlook by using Time Machine, you first have to open Outlook. With Outlook open, attach your external hard drive which has the TM backups, invoke Time Machine and select restore. You'll see a list of the Outlook selections. Then select the date to restore from that you know has your data intact.

Quote:
If I do a search on the hard drive, it finds them in the Restored Main Identity folder, but I can't get them to go back into Outlook. Any suggestions? I worked on this over 12 hours yesterday and tried 3 different restores of the Identity and can't get those message to come in to Outlook. Thanks so much.
If the method I suggested above still does not work for you, there may be corruption in the data base identity. The folks who hang out in the Microsoft Outlook Mac forums are well versed on how to resolve problems with Outlook Mac.

Here is the LINK to their forums. Post your question there and then let us know how it turns out.
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Agreed. It's not Office, it's Outlook and it IS buggy.

QUOTE Thanks
Ross0

Ross0 is on a distinguished road

I am using outlook on my macbook air. My upgrade to OS Mavericks failed and caused me to wipe and restore the HD. I have been unable to restore my outlook after I used Time Machine to restore my HD. After the restore, Outlook had to rebuild my identity and it failed to rebuild successfully.

The identity that I cannot rebuild was a little over 15 GB and included a google account setup with IMAP.

Any helps/tips/suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
JR
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Limitations on software | Mavericks Maps »