New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

iTunes Match

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rolanddes

rolanddes is on a distinguished road

Hello everyone. I just subscribed to iTunes Match. iTunes checked all my music archive which consists off roughly 5000 songs. It matched 2500 of them and then started to upload the other 2500 songs.

But I realised that even though it matches some songs, it does not put the cloud symbol beside those songs. I make sure if the tags are correct. They are. And I can see the song in iTunes Store when I click Show in iTunes Store. So what may be the problem?

Thanks..
QUOTE Thanks
IvanLasston

IvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2

The songs have to be available on iTunes. If you have something esoteric - or if the artists hold out - then you won't get a match. That is one way - even if all your data is right - that you can't use your music everywhere.

Can you say what isn't getting matched?
QUOTE Thanks
rolanddes

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanLasston View Post
The songs have to be available on iTunes. If you have something esoteric - or if the artists hold out - then you won't get a match. That is one way - even if all your data is right - that you can't use your music everywhere.

Can you say what isn't getting matched?
But the song is available in iTunes. For example Aerosmith's Crazy from Big Ones album. It is available in iTunes for 0.89 bucks in my country. Yet it is like that:
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen shot 2012-12-08 at 11.55.45 PM.png (10.3 KB, 16 views)
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

What's the bitrate of your version?

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
rolanddes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysfunction View Post
What's the bitrate of your version?
Bitrate is 128 kbps. I guess I misunderstood the whole symbol thing. Cloud smybol are for the songs that are not matched.

So there's nothing wrong with the song "crazy" But how can I get the proper versions of the matched songs? They still have prices in iTunes Store?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Security for Macbook Air | Garageband Loops keep disappearing - please help! »