New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

iCloud documents and Finder

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

IvanLasston

IvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2

I started using iCloud for iWorks now that it is fully integrated with Mountain Lion (I'm using 10.8.2) and iOS 6 (Using 6.0). It seems that Apple wants you use the application to access the document. That is - if you want to open a keynote document - you open keynote. Apple have been moving that way for a while (Apps control documents). I did find some tips on getting to your documents in Finder.
Access all your iCloud files from the Finder sidebar - Mac OS X Hints
Basically your documents are in ~/Library/Mobile\ Documents which you can get to in Finder by going to the Go pulldown and holding down alt/option -> Library should show up as a choice.

Finder -> View -> Path Bar
I also found the documents in the "All My Files" sidebar item. You can open iCloud from the path bar - but it actually just the folder for the current type of document. i.e. - if you select a pages document - and select iCloud from the Path Bar - it will show you ~/Library/Mobile\ Documents/com~apple~Pages/Documents

So if you want to see all your iWork documents you can make a smart folder. Go to ~/Library/Mobile\ Documents -> Then in the search bar type in tef
Seems that all the iWork documents use tef in the name. Then you can use the save from the search bar - to put that search in your sidebar. For other Apps - it seems they have a different identifier that varies app to app.

If anyone else has better ideas on how to get to the iCloud documents I'd love to hear it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« File search and replace | AT&T/Yahoo email in iPhone and Entourage »