New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

A case of the disappearing images!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

juliebubbles101

juliebubbles101 is on a distinguished road

A case of the disappearing images.

Hey Everyone.
I am trying to make an ebook for the ipad.
To be sold in istore. I have downloaded ibooks author, which is great.
But I have hit problems. I’m not techno, so please use dummy language.
I have a Mac-10.8.2 os x 2008

1) Basically I have text and images on each page. (for kids)
Orientation landscape. Looks great. But when I pressed the portrait view to see what it would look like, many of the images disappeared. I figured this was because some were floating and some were anchored?
Some of the images are small and I assumed floating meant the text would move around the image until I clicked anchored again to lock it in place.
Works great landscape.
So I went through and anchored each image when it was in correct position…..and clicked portrait…..yet still…they all disappear bar a few!!! If I copy the entire book (control a) And paste into a new book…it does the same thing.

I don’t have an ipad to test this out…

What am I doing wrong…

PLEASE help?

2) Every book has a table of contents.
I have left this page blank and popped my contents into the pages of the book…
(Like a kids book, after title and copyright. )
will this show as a blank page on the I pad, or if its blank will it delete itself.
do I need to fill this in?

3)
Wanted to build book for Amazon kindle, downloaded ‘kindle gen’ for Mac from Amazon. Didn’t work. No way to open it. Any ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Please don't double post. Thanks.

While we're happy to have you join our forum, in case you don't receive any responses here, when dealing with issues in a specific piece of software (especially one where there are probably not that many users), it is often best to go directly to the developer of that application rather than a general forum.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
juliebubbles101

juliebubbles101 is on a distinguished road

Really sorry, I wasnt sure what the tec term for my question was. (first forum)

Thanks for your advice about the developer. I did google this, but only found mac forums. and pdf books on how to use the program, which i have read...they didnt have the answer.

do you know of a site i could try that could help me with this. many thanks
sorry again.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Apple - Support - iBooks Author

If the faq's and tutorials don't assist in your issue, there is a link on that page for both a user forum and Apple support.

Good luck btw.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How to open qemu (myweb.bat) via Terminal? | Application independent volume control for OSX »