New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Label making program sought

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

KarnyDoc

KarnyDoc is on a distinguished road

Hi, guys,

I'm a new member of Mac-Forums, thought I've been a (diehard) Mac user since 1985.

I'm looking for a labelmaking program for Macintosh that has certain features based on my recent experience using a Windows-only program to create and print labels.

Until last month, I worked a temp assignment in a warehouse during which I used a product called Label Matrix by Teklynx. The program was used to design and print box and sealable bin labels for client product (the firm managed the IT assets for pharmaceutical companies worldwide), which had things such as item description, SKU or serial number, and quantity (both in human-readable and barcode forms). The software read this data from Excel to create these labels, and the user could also specify on which label on a given sheet to begin printing, as well as how many labels a person wanted to print of a given SKU and quantity combination, e.g., SKU 2838, qty 100, 3 labels.

Teklynx's product, Label Matrix, is available solely for Windows, and I'd love to find such a program for Macintosh that has most, if not all, of the features I just described. While I've found several labelmaking programs, none of them come close; while one offers some design ability, it only allows one to export the resulting image to another document. (Label Matrix also prints on sheets of labels on an inkjet or laser printer, and not via a dedicated label printer, though it might do that, too.)

There are two additional points to consider:

(1) It has to be able to run on OS X Tiger;

(2) Freeware or shareware is desirable.

Hopefully the brain trust here will be able to help.

Sincerely,

Dieter Zakas

P.S. While I haven't ruled out buying a dedicated label printer, I'd prefer to leave that as the option of last resort.
QUOTE Thanks
ShaneMark

Location: Label Company, Inc. , 2051 Sunnydale Blvd, Clearwater, FL 33765
ShaneMark is on a distinguished road

I want to say special thanks to you for sharing your valuable information here....
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« internet explorer files | Need help, Mail default font color »