New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Mac apps

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

thelion22

thelion22 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MAC Pro Book 15" Intel OSX Lion 10.7.4

Is it possible to download or move apps from a MAC Book Pro I currently own to an external hard drive so I can install them on a new MAC Book Pro I am going to purchase later this week ?

Thank you.

thelion22
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Welcome to Mac-Forums

If you installed the apps initially on your MBP by just copying it to the Applications folder, then yes you can just drag that application to an external drive and to the new MBP later on. If you use a PKG or custom installer to install the application, then you will need the installer again to do the installation properly on the new MBP..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
thelion22

thelion22 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MAC Pro Book 15" Intel OSX Lion 10.7.4

Raz0rEdge,

Thank you for the feedback.

p.s. your Pat's looked good last night !
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

I don't watch the pre-season until game 3 or so when more of the starters take the field and stay for majority of the game..that's what I'm interested in seeing, but it is good to see that the backups could hold their own..of course a win would have been good too..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple Mail and Gmail duplication | questions about vectors and graphing in Grapher »