Imovie Project Lost
    Hello,

i have been working on an Imovie project on Imovie '11 for some time now and the project is due in two days. i just recently updated my software to 10.7.4 and downloaded imovie HD when i reopened my imovie '11 my project was completely gone. i have searched through spotlight and finder combined and can find my project no where except a project called "My First Project" in my documents which i clicked to open in imovie and it does not open my project. PLEASE help because i had a lot of work done that can not be replicated in two days.

-SLEBO

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Did you have a backup? Always a good idea with important time consuming projects.

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Specs:
    PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.10.5. iPhone 3GS.
    iMovie11 Projects should be in Home Folder>Movies>iMovie Projects. Events should be in Home Folder>Movies>iMovie Events. Anything in those folders?

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Quote Originally Posted by SLEBO View Post
    i have been working on an Imovie project on Imovie '11 for some time now and the project is due in two days. i just recently updated my software to 10.7.4 and downloaded imovie HD
    I am REALLY confused by this post.

1. iMovie HD is from HOW many years ago? Six years! I'm shocked it even opens in Lion (it does though -- I checked!)

2. There's no legal copy of iMovie HD for download, so ... there's that.

3. iMovie projects from newer versions of iMovie are not compatible with iMovie HD (ie version 6).

4. iMovie (the 2007 and later versions) has worked with HD files since it was introduced.

In short, trying to work out why you are "downloading" old tat in the first place ... then why you are trying to open an iMovie 11 project in iMovie "2006."

Good news is that your iMovie 11 project is probably just fine (particularly if you have backups which OF COURSE you do) as MightyGem points out (try looking directly rather than using Spotlight). Once you find it (or restore it from your Time Machine backup), forget iMovie HD and get on with your work in iMovie 11.

Thread Information