New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

How to insert comment on Word 2008 for Mac?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mr.cotton

mr.cotton is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iPhone 4S iPod Nano 6th Gen MacBook Pro (2011) -OS: OS X v.10.6.8 -Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5

I'm fairly new to using a Mac and trying to revise a paper with a colleague.

I've tried the following 2 ways to insert a comment on the DocX and have been unsuccesful...

1. Clicked "View"; scroll to "Toolbars"; clicked "Reviewing"

2. Clicked "Insert" - the "Comment" option was gray and could not be highlighted.

I tried multiple things (highlighted an item; clicked the cursor at a particular point in the document) before attempting both options and have been unsuccesful.

Any ideas? Is it possible that the original author locked the document from receiving comments? Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Ubisoft game luncher problem. | Mail attachment issues »