New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Razer Synapse 2.0

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Clarkeez

Clarkeez is on a distinguished road

Hello

I have a Razer Naga mouse so I need to use the Razer Synapse 2.0 software which is basically the drivers for the mouse..

I have a problem though because the application loads up like this when I login.

Everytime I login I have to manually close this window, which in my point of view - doesn't need to load as it loads in the menubar.

I understand this program needs to be running in the background which is why it has a menubar icon (which is fine) but I don't understand the need to load the actually application window everytime I login.

I've also checked my startup items and it's not even listed which makes me think it's hidden somewhere in the system.

I've also checked the 3 startup items folders in S/L/Startup Items and /L/Startup Items and /U/Matt/L/Startup Items and I couldn't find anything to do with Razer there.

When I search my whole machine (with hidden files shown) this is all I get.

This makes me think when I installed this application, it may have written some hidden instruction somewhere to load at startup?

This is weird, especially as I'm new to Mac.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Matt
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Did it install a preference panel under "other" in System Preferences? If it did, open it and check to see if the configuration has been checked off.
QUOTE Thanks
Clarkeez

Clarkeez is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
Did it install a preference panel under "other" in System Preferences? If it did, open it and check to see if the configuration has been checked off.
Nope. No sign of Razer in System Preferences
QUOTE Thanks
Stretch

Stretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD

Did you check Login Items under your account in System Preferences?

Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.10
QUOTE Thanks
Domboes

Domboes is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 21.5" Mid 2011

Here's how to do it:

Go to /Library/LaunchAgents/

Edit "com.razer.rzupdater.plist" with your favorite text editor

Change <false/> under "onDemand" to <true/>

Done.

This will disable the menu bar item, and the startup of the Synapse app while still loading the engine!

Cheers!
QUOTE Thanks
raven01

raven01 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domboes View Post
Here's how to do it:

Go to /Library/LaunchAgents/

Edit "com.razer.rzupdater.plist" with your favorite text editor

Change <false/> under "onDemand" to <true/>

Done.

This will disable the menu bar item, and the startup of the Synapse app while still loading the engine!

Cheers!
This works, but on my system (10.8) it prevents "Razer Synapse 2.0.app" from being launched, thus preventing access to the configuration interface. Of course, one could always edit "com.razer.rzupdater.plist" again as needed, but it's a headache.

I wish there was an easier way to do this. Why doesn't Razer just put a checkbox in the app to "hide window on launch"? Until they do, does anyone else have a better solution?
QUOTE Thanks
taboo8614

taboo8614 is on a distinguished road

I am reading up on how to write a apple script to automate this, ill post it when I finish it...could be a day or 2 I don't really know what im doing
QUOTE Thanks
Logsi

Logsi is on a distinguished road

I've been having a problem with this program too but not so much the program loading as it's an easy cmd+w to close but more to do with the ugly icon which i can't hide in as there is no preferences for the application.

I tried what was said in here but that just stopped the program opening at all.

I just replaced the "Status.png" file in "/Library/Application Support/Razer/RzUpdater.app/Contents/" with a transparent square so that it effectively appears invisible and hides the synapse razer logo.

The screen below is when i took a little screenshot of the toolbar ad replaced the status.png.

QUOTE Thanks
raven01

raven01 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for locating that file. Now, at least, I can get rid of the flashy neon green nonsense in the menubar. (I actually went ahead and just grayscaled the .png file, since I like having the ability to switch profiles and launch the Synapse interface from the menubar.)

It's the gosh darn Synapse interface popping up every time the RzUpdater app is launched that drives me nuts. It's unnecessary. I wish it could be stopped.
QUOTE Thanks
ekco

ekco is on a distinguished road

My problem is that the tracking settings aren't loaded even though the app and the window loads on startup. Anyone know how to fix this?

And I too would like the option of not having neither icon nor window load on startup. I hate that these options aren't given in the preferences. Why didn't they just make a preference pane instead? I'm seriously thinking about returning the mouse and getting a magic mouse instead..
QUOTE Thanks
Elvor

Elvor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven01 View Post
This works, but on my system (10.8) it prevents "Razer Synapse 2.0.app" from being launched, thus preventing access to the configuration interface. Of course, one could always edit "com.razer.rzupdater.plist" again as needed, but it's a headache.

I wish there was an easier way to do this. Why doesn't Razer just put a checkbox in the app to "hide window on launch"? Until they do, does anyone else have a better solution?
Guys, you do not need to edit "com.razer.rzupdater.plist" any time you want to launch the app. The only thing you need to do after you changed <false/> under "onDemand" to <true/> in "com.razer.rzupdater.plist", as raven01 suggested, is just to launch /Library/Application Support/Razer/RzUpdater.app anytime you want to run Razer Synapse 2.0 App. If you tired from going to Library folder every time, just create a shortcut.

Anyway, here is a full guide to solve this annoying problem:
1) Go to /Library/LaunchAgents/
2) Edit "com.razer.rzupdater.plist": change <false/> under "onDemand" to <true/>
3) Now Razer Synapse 2.0 does not launch at startup and you finally may say no to this annoying interface window every time you switch on your Mac. It is worth mentioning that now when you plug in your mouse, your default configuration will be active. However, now you are not able to change the configuration (you simply cannot launch Razer Synapse 2.0 manually from Applications and change profiles, preferences, etc.)
4) To be able to launch Razer Synapse 2.0 and get your configurations back, you simply need to run /Library/Application Support/Razer/RzUpdater.app. Now you have your Synapse fully working! If you tired from going to the Library folder anytime you want to get your mouse configuration, just simply create a shortcut for RzDeviceEngine.app.

Hope this helped!
QUOTE Thanks
klyde99

klyde99 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logsi View Post
I've been having a problem with this program too but not so much the program loading as it's an easy cmd+w to close but more to do with the ugly icon which i can't hide in as there is no preferences for the application.

I tried what was said in here but that just stopped the program opening at all.

I just replaced the "Status.png" file in "/Library/Application Support/Razer/RzUpdater.app/Contents/" with a transparent square so that it effectively appears invisible and hides the synapse razer logo.

The screen below is when i took a little screenshot of the toolbar ad replaced the status.png.

Thanks, and i photoshoped a new icon for the status bar and replace it to /Library/Application Support/Razer/RzUpdater.app/Contents/Resources now it looks perfect i have attached a screenshot on my bar + the photoshoped Status.png u guys can download and do it too. Remember after replace, log out and log in again, done.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2013-05-19 at 6.47.20 PM.png (24.9 KB, 38 views)
File Type: png Status.png (8.5 KB, 47 views)
QUOTE Thanks
Mirez

Mirez is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by klyde99 View Post
Thanks, and i photoshoped a new icon for the status bar and replace it to /Library/Application Support/Razer/RzUpdater.app/Contents/Resources now it looks perfect i have attached a screenshot on my bar + the photoshoped Status.png u guys can download and do it too. Remember after replace, log out and log in again, done.
For some reason my mac won't allow me to use icons with a dpi higher than 72. The icon will just appear super large and cut-off on in the toolbar.
Any thoughts?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Fill Command | Logic installation using 100% CPU and doing nothing »