New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

please help ...problem with vsync! :(

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

scorpion8

scorpion8 is on a distinguished road

Hello, I wanted to ask about a problem I am having with my MacBook Air 11" ...it is equipped with an Intel HD 3000, problem is that I have horrible screen tearing in 3 of my games: Quake 4, Doom 3 and UT2004 ...those are the only games (from my 20+ games) where I cannot turn on vsync no matter what I do.

I am very new to the world of "Mac" and since there is no settings screen for the video card I wanted to ask how can I PERMANENTLY turn ON vsync in my system (since turning vsync through console in games does not work).

I kindly ask to help me out as a newbie ...in simple steps if possible

Thank you in advance
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« problems with iTune, keynote, VLC... | iCal Todo alert reminders »