Thread: Diablo 3

Diablo 3
    Hey all -

Anyone playing the Diablo 3 open beta?

Hwilensky

Specs:
    mid '09 13" MBP 2.53 C2D, 8Gb RAM, 250 Gb HD, SL and Win7
    Played it last night and thought it was very good and true to the originals. The beta download will allow you to start playing before it is complete but lags terribly if you do. Once the download is finished though it runs smooth as butter. Sorry I have not tried it on my MBP or iMac only my G53JW. Building a new rig for this one right now.

Quote Originally Posted by scottmcp432 View Post
    Played it last night and thought it was very good and true to the originals. The beta download will allow you to start playing before it is complete but lags terribly if you do. Once the download is finished though it runs smooth as butter. Sorry I have not tried it on my MBP or iMac only my G53JW. Building a new rig for this one right now.
    I tried it on my 2011 iMac and overall the game looks great. I did have some lag issues in the beginning. Every now and then, through out the game the graphics get glitchy. It heats the computer up to such high temperatures, its crazy.

I'm playing it on my 2010 iMac and it looks great here. No lag issues at all, and most settings are cranked up. The back of my iMac is pretty hot at the moment though.

I'm finding it a bit awkward to play though. I'd really much prefer WASD style of movement controls at least as an option. I'm on the fence over whether I'll spring for the game when it drops, but that's more due to my waning interest in games in general.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Thread Information