New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Problem with iPhoto

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

AllanGreen

AllanGreen is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7

I've had my iMac a week now, and it has a very annoying habit of when I start iPhoto it throws up a window which says "29 photos have been found in the iPhoto library that were not imported. would you like to import them? " It doesn't matter if I select Yes or No as it then tells me that my 29 photos have been placed in a file. If I then ok the prompt it does exactly the same routine again.
Its driving me nuts. I found 38 files it had created with nothing in them.
How can I stop this happening
Another annoyance is when I press the Quote key on the keyboard it types a quote, but if i then press the spacebar to move forward the quote turns itself into a @. I find it difficult to think thats supposed to happen? It was very difficult to type this post!!!
Any pointers would be much appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

For the first problem:

Open iPhoto holding down the command and option keys. This will bring up a rebuilding dialog. Check every box, go off and do something else for a while.

That should fix that problem.

I don't understand your second problem. Do you mean " (as in the shift key and ') or do you mean the ' key generally? Does this happen consistently no matter what program you are in, or just when you are on this forum or just in Safari?

Also, if you could let us know what OS version you are running that would be useful. I assume you are on Lion but you didn't mention it.
QUOTE Thanks
AllanGreen

AllanGreen is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7

Many thanks for the help. I could never have guessed how to get over my first problem. It works fine now.
My other key issue, if you excuse the pun! is my " key which is situated just above my ? key. If it were a Windows keyboard it would sort of be in the right place, but then the @ key is with the 2 key. Very confusing!! But what bugs me is that the key is first a ", then turns into a @ when I move the cursor. It happens in Safari, Pages and iCal, so I guess everything ! even in my Windows programs through Parallels.
My Mac is a iMac i7 running OS X Lion 10.7.3 (11D2001) if it helps.
I did go to System Preferences and reset the keyboard to default layout, but then lost the keyboard completely, until I rebooted. I'm using a Logitech Dinovo Mac keyboard, but the same thing happened when I tried the original Mac bluetooth keyboard. Should I have disabled it in some way?
Any suggestions would be welcome.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Is there any app for photo organization that allows me to add tags for different phot | Macscan vs Intego Virus Barrier X6 (?) »