New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Safari 5.1.4

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0ll!xx View Post
I'm currently using Safari 5.2. It's definitely got some improvements too it and is very fast. With the addition to the Omnibar it makes it very smooth to search and use the URL at the same time.
Are you a dev and running Mountain Lion? I Know a Dev with ML and it has Safari 5.2 and it's nice. The Memory Leak issue is gone in the brief tests I was able to give it and it just flys.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0ll!xx View Post
I'm currently using Safari 5.2. It's definitely got some improvements too it and is very fast. With the addition to the Omnibar it makes it very smooth to search and use the URL at the same time.
Nice to see Safari catching up with Chrome and Opera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
Are you a dev and running Mountain Lion? I Know a Dev with ML and it has Safari 5.2 and it's nice. The Memory Leak issue is gone in the brief tests I was able to give it and it just flys.
If they've fixed the leak there, I wonder if the fix can be brought back to the 5.1.x releases.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
Nice to see Safari catching up with Chrome and Opera.

If they've fixed the leak there, I wonder if the fix can be brought back to the 5.1.x releases.
Will the brainwashing ever end... Glad they've got an update out - now I have to go to Starbucks so it won't take 4 hours to download.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLachoreVPI View Post
Will the brainwashing ever end... Glad they've got an update out - now I have to go to Starbucks so it won't take 4 hours to download.
No, it will never end.

And, why might you have to go to Starbucks to use their internet? Please do explain.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

If you are under the impression that you can download Safari 5.2, no you can't.

P0ll!ux either broke his NDA big time, or he's a software pirate. Only developers get (or would want) access to Safari 5.2 at the present time and it is obviously not finished or it would be released.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
Only developers get (or would want) access to Safari 5.2 at the present time
I'm not a developer (at least in the professional sense) and I'd like to see how Apple has improved Safari (and no, not just to see if they've fixed that terrible memory leak).

Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Agreed. Safari 5.2 is DEV only at this point in time. I was on the dev team the night safari passed Acid 3. Exciting night for all. They beat Opera by 24 hours!
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
They beat Opera by 24 hours!
Blasphemy! Signed, vansmith posting from Opera Next, 12.00 build 1328

Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

Quote:
Blasphemy! Signed, vansmith posting from Opera Next, 12.00 build 1328
I still might have the news here somewhere. Opera jumped the gun and said it passed when it did not and they were ordered to retract their statement!

So no Blasphemy at all! Grin

I went to hear my Niece sing an Opera, does that count?
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

Quote:
No, it will never end.

And, why might you have to go to Starbucks to use their internet? Please do explain.
Because...I still don't have internet out here in the boonies...except for the couple of stray bits I can catch once in a while from my very generous neighbor...
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLachoreVPI View Post
Because...I still don't have internet out here in the boonies...except for the couple of stray bits I can catch once in a while from my very generous neighbor...
For just email and basic surfing I have found Starbucks internet not that bad, but don't try and download Lion or any large update! You will be there till closing!

I hope you can find something or a house soon!
QUOTE Thanks
p0ll!xx

p0ll!xx will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" Macbook Pro 2.53 Ghz Intel Core i5, 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3,

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
If you are under the impression that you can download Safari 5.2, no you can't.

P0ll!ux either broke his NDA big time, or he's a software pirate. Only developers get (or would want) access to Safari 5.2 at the present time and it is obviously not finished or it would be released.
I have a DEV account and I didn't post anything that you couldn't find around the blog o sphere.

Apple Insider - Safari 5.2 Simpler User Interface

Apple Insider - Safari 5.2 Setup local internet accounts
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Online Java Apps can't load on Safari & Firefox | Problems using Burn on macbook pro »