New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Pages will not launch

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

OopsPowSurprise

OopsPowSurprise is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.1 GHz, iPhone 4S 64 GB, iPad 16GB WiFi, iPhone 4 16GB , 3G iPod Nano 8GB

Can someone help me? Whenever I try to open Pages in OS X Lion 10.7.3 the app will not launch. It will appear in the bar at the top of the screen, and will begin using 100% of my cpu for about 15 seconds, and then it becomes non responsive. The Activity Monitor lists it as not responding. It does this after I have deleted and reinstalled through the app store, and if I open from the icon or from a document in the finder. Please let me know if you can help me with this issue.

Thanks,

Jay
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Is this the stand alone Pages application or is it part of the iWork suite? If it's the stand alone version downloaded from the Mac App store, make sure you've completely uninstalled it before reinstalling. It sounds like something is corrupt and preventing it from launching.
QUOTE Thanks
OopsPowSurprise

Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.1 GHz, iPhone 4S 64 GB, iPad 16GB WiFi, iPhone 4 16GB , 3G iPod Nano 8GB

It is the stand alone version. How do I "completely uninstall?" I dragged the pages app to the trash, but is there a further way to uninstall so that I can download again from the app store?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute

Use "Spotlight" (the small magnifying glass in the top menu) to find all files associated with Pages and delete them. Then, download it again from the Mac App store and see if it installs OK and then launches.
QUOTE Thanks
OopsPowSurprise

I have tried to delete all of the files associated with Pages and now and reinstalled. Now the Pages icon will bounce in the bottom bar 5-6 times and then will crash and send a report of what is wrong. Could I have missed some files that are associated with Pages. How do I identify all files? I used finder to search for all of the files and went through the different search criteria filters including having system files included and still an having no luck.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

Try using the free "AppCleaner.app" to remove Pages. Download from here.

There's also "AppDelete.app" which is not free but it seems to work better. Download from here.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How to convert my itunes hd videos to 1080p | iChat ICQ problem »