New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Great Mac Games

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

osvoldk

osvoldk is on a distinguished road

Many times, Mac users catch the blunt of jokes because to be honest the gaming industry is still behind for us mac users. However, us mac users know exactly why we love our macs. Recently, I have been going to LAN parties, and I was utterly surprised to find that Wolfenstein Enemy Territory has a mac client. I immediately went and got it. This thread will be for the games unheard in Mac Games, and the recommendations for the specifications.
QUOTE Thanks
osvoldk

For a LEGAL copy of Enemy territory, go to www.splashdamage.com then go to downloads and select Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. There will be a mac client download. My recommendations is a minimum of teh Following
1.33 Ghz Power PC G4
500 MB ram
1 GB of harddrive space
ATI Mobility Radeon 9550
QUOTE Thanks
rs2sensen

rs2sensen is a jewel in the roughrs2sensen is a jewel in the roughrs2sensen is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black

I play the Medal of Honor Demos quite a bit. Breakthrough is my favorite.
QUOTE Thanks
James

James is a jewel in the roughJames is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2.66 - 4 Gig Ram, iMac G5 2 Gig ram 20"

BattleFlield 1942 is great on the Mac. I also like First to Fight too. If your into fps both these games have good mac versions.

Mac Pro Intel 2.66 - 4 Gigs Ram - 10.6.1 - 30" Apple Monitor
iMac 24" 2 gigs ram - MacBook Pro
QUOTE Thanks
osvoldk

well for BF 1942, it would be possible to run it on a G4 processor, as long as you change the settings to improve the FPS. I had to change the resolution for Enemy Territory. Having Windows friends, they tell me that BF 1942 is less graphic intense than ET.
QUOTE Thanks
austing

austing is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PB 15" 1.33ghz 512mb 80gb iPod 5G White

i couldn't ruin bf1942 on my G4 1.33 500mb powerbook. :-/
QUOTE Thanks
osvoldk

what? How is it possible to not run bf 1942 on a 1.33 GHz? I can effectively run it on my 1.33 GHz. what OS system are you running? and exactly do you mean that you cannot run it?
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

I could run it on my 1Ghz G4 iBook - albeit sluggishly.
I prefer Call of Duty - runs a lot smoother...
QUOTE Thanks
osvoldk

call fo duty runs on a 1 GHz?

I will not run five kilometers with water.
Yo no correré cinco kilómetros con el agua.
Ich will nicht mit das Wasser fünf kilometer laufen.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Yep - 800x600 resolution though - but it still looks great and runs really nicely!
768MB RAM though...
QUOTE Thanks
fearlessfreap24

fearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D

i like civilization 3. it is just like playing the windows version. a great game.

QUOTE Thanks
inflexion

inflexion will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle

i still love playing Raven Shield on my 1Ghz PB really love that game and the Athena Sword expansion is even better!

Apple, think different
QUOTE Thanks
rs2sensen

rs2sensen is a jewel in the roughrs2sensen is a jewel in the roughrs2sensen is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by osvoldk
what? How is it possible to not run bf 1942 on a 1.33 GHz? I can effectively run it on my 1.33 GHz. what OS system are you running? and exactly do you mean that you cannot run it?
My 1.67 Ghz Powerbook with 1GB ram and Tiger also runs 1942 about half the fps as an equivalent PC that I own.
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

FirstStarOnline2.com
QUOTE Thanks
osvoldk

well macs weren't meant for gaming, but I am certain that one day Apple will turn the industry afoot

I will not run five kilometers with water.
Yo no correré cinco kilómetros con el agua.
Ich will nicht mit das Wasser fünf kilometer laufen.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Using Mac theripper and toast? is that the way to go to back up my movies? | iLife '06 Trial »