Monitor my Mac, How?
    Hey guys,

another question
    I need a monitor app, record everything happens when I am away from Mac

is there any monitor app for mac?

thanks

hey ?

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone7, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 9.7, AppleTV (4)
    To record what exactly?
    A constant video stream? Audio? Keystrokes? Clicks? URLs? Document history? ..........

A little more information of what you want to do, why, the model of your mac and your OS version will all help you get an answer
    Not been around these parts for a while. Trying to change that . .

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Sierra
    Check the logs. Use the console application. See this article and guide. LINK

Quote Originally Posted by mrplow View Post
    To record what exactly?
    A constant video stream? Audio? Keystrokes? Clicks? URLs? Document history? ..........

A little more information of what you want to do, why, the model of your mac and your OS version will all help you get an answer

I want it to record what happened in my Mac when I'm far away from him
    take screenshots, record keystrokes and clicks..

I have MBP 15", Snow Leopard 10.6.6

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    Check the logs. Use the console application. See this article and guide. LINK
    I don't think that's useful enough

mmmmmmmm/?

????????

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    There are many different solutions you can use to monitor your Mac when you're away from it. The best option will vary depending on what your goal is. Can you tell us a bit about why you're trying to monitor it and what you think might be happening when you're away?
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    There are many different solutions you can use to monitor your Mac when you're away from it. The best option will vary depending on what your goal is. Can you tell us a bit about why you're trying to monitor it and what you think might be happening when you're away?
    I have a lot of important and private files, so I can't allow anyone to see them..
    In addition, I care about what happening in my Mac, I care about what people do in my Mac. I care about who see this file or that,
    pleas help me

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by msaljaber View Post
    I have a lot of important and private files, so I can't allow anyone to see them..
    In addition, I care about what happening in my Mac, I care about what people do in my Mac. I care about who see this file or that,
    pleas help me
    If the Mac belongs to you, then I would just recommend setting up a "guest" account with limited rights for the others that use it. Then, set a password on your own account. If you're really concerned with others seeing your files, enable FileVault to lock those files down and encrypt them.

In this manner, you can securely lock down your files and control who does what on your Mac. Then you needn't worry about monitoring it at all.

Now, if your intent is to eavesdrop on someone else, we won't be able to help with that.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    If the Mac belongs to you, then I would just recommend setting up a "guest" account with limited rights for the others that use it. Then, set a password on your own account. If you're really concerned with others seeing your files, enable FileVault to lock those files down and encrypt them.

In this manner, you can securely lock down your files and control who does what on your Mac. Then you needn't worry about monitoring it at all.

Now, if your intent is to eavesdrop on someone else, we won't be able to help with that.
    I swear I don't need to eavesdrop on anyone, I SWEAR !!
    I just need an app for what I told you

!!!

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone7, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 9.7, AppleTV (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by msaljaber View Post
    pleas help me
    To satisfy this, as cwa107 says, just have a secure password on your account and create a guest account. This way your files will be safe.

Or create an account with parental controls to limit what can be done in it.

Alternatively don't have any other accounts accept yours so your Mac cannot be used by anyone except you.
    Not been around these parts for a while. Trying to change that . .

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    I see that you're using a MBP. If you're this concerned about people using your Mac, don't leave it with people you don't trust. The best means of protecting your machine is to have it with you at all times.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Thread Information