New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Monitor my Mac, How?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

msaljaber

msaljaber is on a distinguished road

Hey guys,

another question
I need a monitor app, record everything happens when I am away from Mac

is there any monitor app for mac?

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
msaljaber

QUOTE Thanks
msaljaber

hey ?
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

To record what exactly?
A constant video stream? Audio? Keystrokes? Clicks? URLs? Document history? ..........

A little more information of what you want to do, why, the model of your mac and your OS version will all help you get an answer

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Check the logs. Use the console application. See this article and guide. LINK
QUOTE Thanks
msaljaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrplow View Post
To record what exactly?
A constant video stream? Audio? Keystrokes? Clicks? URLs? Document history? ..........

A little more information of what you want to do, why, the model of your mac and your OS version will all help you get an answer

I want it to record what happened in my Mac when I'm far away from him
take screenshots, record keystrokes and clicks..

I have MBP 15", Snow Leopard 10.6.6

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
msaljaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
Check the logs. Use the console application. See this article and guide. LINK
I don't think that's useful enough
QUOTE Thanks
msaljaber

mmmmmmmm/?
QUOTE Thanks
msaljaber

????????
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

There are many different solutions you can use to monitor your Mac when you're away from it. The best option will vary depending on what your goal is. Can you tell us a bit about why you're trying to monitor it and what you think might be happening when you're away?

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
msaljaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
There are many different solutions you can use to monitor your Mac when you're away from it. The best option will vary depending on what your goal is. Can you tell us a bit about why you're trying to monitor it and what you think might be happening when you're away?
I have a lot of important and private files, so I can't allow anyone to see them..
In addition, I care about what happening in my Mac, I care about what people do in my Mac. I care about who see this file or that,
pleas help me
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by msaljaber View Post
I have a lot of important and private files, so I can't allow anyone to see them..
In addition, I care about what happening in my Mac, I care about what people do in my Mac. I care about who see this file or that,
pleas help me
If the Mac belongs to you, then I would just recommend setting up a "guest" account with limited rights for the others that use it. Then, set a password on your own account. If you're really concerned with others seeing your files, enable FileVault to lock those files down and encrypt them.

In this manner, you can securely lock down your files and control who does what on your Mac. Then you needn't worry about monitoring it at all.

Now, if your intent is to eavesdrop on someone else, we won't be able to help with that.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
msaljaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
If the Mac belongs to you, then I would just recommend setting up a "guest" account with limited rights for the others that use it. Then, set a password on your own account. If you're really concerned with others seeing your files, enable FileVault to lock those files down and encrypt them.

In this manner, you can securely lock down your files and control who does what on your Mac. Then you needn't worry about monitoring it at all.

Now, if your intent is to eavesdrop on someone else, we won't be able to help with that.
I swear I don't need to eavesdrop on anyone, I SWEAR !!
I just need an app for what I told you

!!!
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Quote:
Originally Posted by msaljaber View Post
pleas help me
To satisfy this, as cwa107 says, just have a secure password on your account and create a guest account. This way your files will be safe.

Or create an account with parental controls to limit what can be done in it.

Alternatively don't have any other accounts accept yours so your Mac cannot be used by anyone except you.

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

I see that you're using a MBP. If you're this concerned about people using your Mac, don't leave it with people you don't trust. The best means of protecting your machine is to have it with you at all times.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Word 2011 | ITunes across Mac OS x and Windows »