New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Application Folder

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

akikox

I was trying to drag the Applications folder to the Dock but while doing so I missed the Dock. The folder "spoofed" and now I do not have the folder in the finder. All the software runs well though.

Please help me get everything back! I use Tiger OS X.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

So I take it the Applications folder is now on the Desktop? If so, just open the main hard drive and drag it back in there where it came from.
QUOTE Thanks
Tiranis

Hmm, If I understand you correctly you tried to drag the "Applications" from the sidebar in Finder. If so, then just go to the "/" of your main hard-drive (just click on your hard-drive in sidebar of Finder), there you will see your Applications folder - drag it onto the sidebar first (if you want to have it there), then drag the same folder onto the dock. (note: you can't drag the "Applications" from the sidebar into dock)
QUOTE Thanks
Avalon

Avalon is just really niceAvalon is just really niceAvalon is just really niceAvalon is just really nice
Mac Specs: PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis
Hmm, If I understand you correctly you tried to drag the "Applications" from the sidebar in Finder. If so, then just go to the "/" of your main hard-drive (just click on your hard-drive in sidebar of Finder), there you will see your Applications folder - drag it onto the sidebar first (if you want to have it there), then drag the same folder onto the dock. (note: you can't drag the "Applications" from the sidebar into dock)
Little addition:
You can only drag your Applications folder (and any other folder) to the right side of the Dock, between the Trash and the separator line.
QUOTE Thanks
akikox

Hi Tiranis,

Your suggestion worked well. If you were to remove an icon from the Dock it makes a "spoof" noise with clouds disappearing and this what happened when I tried to drag the application folder to the Dock. Well, I am good now! Thanks all for your help.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« mail issues | Genie Effect and All »