New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

MSN & GMAIL

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

pocketaces

pocketaces is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Ibook G4 12" - 1.33Ghz. 40GB, Ipod Shuffle 1GB.

hey guys, i was just wondering if someone would be able to tell me about msn for mac. I have msn and when the comp stays idol for over 5 minutes it automatically signs me out. I've been to the settings and everything seems normal but is this supposed to happen? Would any know please.
Also just wondering if anyone wanted gmail invites as I seem to always be getting more. Lemme know and one last thing was how do one use ichat. I've never used to and is it only available for aol users as i dont have an aol account. Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Mod note: moved to correct forum.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
EDIT-XTREEM

EDIT-XTREEM has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
hey guys, i was just wondering if someone would be able to tell me about msn for mac. I have msn and when the comp stays idol for over 5 minutes it automatically signs me out. I've been to the settings and everything seems normal but is this supposed to happen? Would any know please.
Also just wondering if anyone wanted gmail invites as I seem to always be getting more. Lemme know and one last thing was how do one use ichat. I've never used to and is it only available for aol users as i dont have an aol account. Thanks
I use adium! It compines MSN Yahoo and many other, http://www.adiumx.com/download.php to download it for os x

Mac Pro (Early 2009) 8 Core 2.26 GHz, 6 GB Ram, 640 GB Drive. Dell 2408WFP.
QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

I personally use Fire for all my chatting, it's really good IMO. http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/5608
QUOTE Thanks
pocketaces

pocketaces is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Ibook G4 12" - 1.33Ghz. 40GB, Ipod Shuffle 1GB.

thanks for the info guys...however which of these imo's allows me to use my internal mic. I just bought a i book G4 last month and would to atleast try or use the built in mic. Does fire have that option or does adium? Lemme know please ?
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
thanks for the info guys...however which of these imo's allows me to use my internal mic. I just bought a i book G4 last month and would to atleast try or use the built in mic. Does fire have that option or does adium? Lemme know please ?
Right now only iChat supports audio and video and Yahoo will support video.

QUOTE Thanks
Ey3 D

You can always use Skype ( http://www.skype.com/ ) if you want to just talk with your mic, it's free and good quality.
QUOTE Thanks
wintomac

wintomac is on a distinguished road

I want an invite please Booth200@ld8.org
QUOTE Thanks
Basket_Case_24

use Mecury Messenger!! It rules. only MSN client for mac with vid conf. www.mercury.to it's so good.

needs a good speed to run as it is a flash based ap. ive got an iMac G5 1.8 with 1.25GB of RAM and it runs like a dream, even with multiple cams!!! its awesome.
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basket_Case_24
use Mecury Messenger!! It rules. only MSN client for mac with vid conf. www.mercury.to it's so good.

needs a good speed to run as it is a flash based ap. ive got an iMac G5 1.8 with 1.25GB of RAM and it runs like a dream, even with multiple cams!!! its awesome.
You mean Java, not Flash, right?

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mail | do i need to re-buy my games? »