New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Angry Birds pList Location?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

pendlewitch

pendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: iMac 27" Mid 2010, 3.2GHz Intel Core i3,4GB 1333 MHz DDR3, ATI Radeon HD5670 512MB, Mavericks 10.9.4

Hi,

My Angry Birds app on my iMac crashes instantly on start up and sends a report to Apple. It keeps asking me to 'Restore Windows' and then just crashes again.

I've been advised to delete the preference list in the Library as a fix.

I can find the hidden library ok but can't seem to locate anything related to the App.

Can anyone help please? My wife will be very happy

Cheers

iMac 27-inch Mid 2010 (wow....that old...eeeks!), WD My Book 1TB Firewire,WD My Passport Air 500GB, Magic Mouse,Magic Trackpad,
iPhone 5C, iPod Nano 4GB 3rd Gen, ATV2.
MOTM October 2012. These days normally happy with an occasional grumble.
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Do you have the original installer DMG or disc for the game? Or did you download it from the Mac App Store? If any of these are true, you can use an application like AppCleaner from FreeMacSoft and uninstall Angry Birds completely and then re-install it..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
pendlewitch

pendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: iMac 27" Mid 2010, 3.2GHz Intel Core i3,4GB 1333 MHz DDR3, ATI Radeon HD5670 512MB, Mavericks 10.9.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz0rEdge View Post
Do you have the original installer DMG or disc for the game? Or did you download it from the Mac App Store? If any of these are true, you can use an application like AppCleaner from FreeMacSoft and uninstall Angry Birds completely and then re-install it..
Thank you Raz0rEdge, I'll give that a look and see how it goes.

iMac 27-inch Mid 2010 (wow....that old...eeeks!), WD My Book 1TB Firewire,WD My Passport Air 500GB, Magic Mouse,Magic Trackpad,
QUOTE Thanks
pendlewitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendlewitch View Post
Thank you Raz0rEdge, I'll give that a look and see how it goes.
Well how good is that then? What an app! Thank you Raz0r. We now have glorious fullscreen Angry Birds ...and the new install even loaded up scores from previously achieved levels.

Spot on..thanks once again

QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Glad it worked out dude..and be careful, fullscreen Angry Birds is even more addicting than a windowed version..my wife and daughter are absolutely HOOKED on Angry Birds Rio!

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
pendlewitch

Cheers Raz0r it has worked perfectly!!! She who shall be obeyed is most pleased.
No No don't tempt me, we've just got his working again and Rio just looks so far away and.errr...hey look love it's only 2.99!

p.s. Even better with a Magic Trackpad.

QUOTE Thanks
Chuckoir

Chuckoir is a jewel in the roughChuckoir is a jewel in the roughChuckoir is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb

Your wife, eh?

This sounds like one of those "I have this, "friend", who may have done something silly.." stories.

There's no shame in liking Angry Birds, just as long as it's not on Facebook!

Play the guitar?! Check out the [newly created]Mac-Forums guitar thread!
QUOTE Thanks
pendlewitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckoir View Post
Your wife, eh?

This sounds like one of those "I have this, "friend", who may have done something silly.." stories.

There's no shame in liking Angry Birds, just as long as it's not on Facebook!
Chuck, the wife is literally just at the other side of the kitchen chopping guacamole for the enchiladas . I have learned over the years not to engage in heated conversation with her whilst she has a knife in her hand.

As for Angry Birds that is not her favourite app...wait for it...that is Full Deck Solitaire.

Come one though....AB with a magic trackpad on a 27 incher is the wotsits.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook air not picking up incoming SIP calls | Can I start movie clip in keynote only when I click on it? »