New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Just purchased iMac, need advice...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

nclementweather

nclementweather is on a distinguished road

Kindly pardon me if my question is redundant, as I joined the forum literally minutes ago and have just purchased an iMac...All I want to know is what are the most graphic intensive games that my particular system can run tolerably well (i.e., how well would it handle games like Battlefield 3 or Metro 2033)? Here are the specs:

iMac 27"

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

16GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 4x4GB

1TB Serial ATA Drive

AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB GDDR5

Thanks so much.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

That video card is fairly robust. I don't see you having any trouble running either of those games.

But of course, you'll want to check the vendor's recommendations for each of the games you're interested in playing.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
nclementweather

nclementweather is on a distinguished road

Much appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Safari crashing | HELP!crontab script displays output differently than command line »