New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Problem in Word 14.0.0

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

teucer

teucer is on a distinguished road

I'm having the same problem. I am fairly certain that until this week, the cmd+` to "move focus to next window in application" worked in Word (Word 2011 v14.0.0) just fine.
Now it will only toggle between the two most recently used Word windows, so if I have 3 or more documents open, I cannot get access to the 3rd, 4th, etc. documents now matter how many times I mash on the "`" key after pressing cmd.

I have not recently upgraded or made any preference changes to OSX or Word.
I'm using OS 10.6.8.
The keyboard shortcut in sys. prefs IS checked.
In Word: Tools > Customize Keyboard... > Window and Help > NextWindow
the command is assigned to:
cmd+F6
opt+F6
I can't figure out how to assign cmd+` to it, presumably because it is a system command and when I try to type it into the "Shortcut:" dialog box, it is trying to actually invoke the system version of the command but can't because the "Customize Keyboard" dialog is open and overriding the other windows.

Please help.
QUOTE Thanks
teucer

teucer is on a distinguished road

Bump.
Anyone have a solution?
Does anyone else suffer from this problem like I do?

First World Problems, amirite?
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.10.1

Start Word up and go into Help and check for updates. There have been service pack releases and other updates to currently version 14.1.4 for starters.

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
vtdad

vtdad is on a distinguished road

Yeah, the command-` works in my other Office programs but not in Word. And I could not assign command-` to it in the Word customize screen, either. I worked around by assigning command-' (apostrophe) but it's a nuisance to have different key strokes for different Office programs. I'm up to Word 14.2.1 so I think I'm upgraded as heck.

Help, Mr. Wizard...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Widget Removal help | email signature »