New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Word 2011 -

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

a82alex

a82alex is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

I am using Word-2011 to write my thesis and I find really good the full Screen mode. It helps me a lot in focusing.
Usually, I have Word-full screen mode in one desktop and internet in other one.
While writing I need to keep switching between the two desktops to read articles and then write about them.
The problem is every time I switch desktop, when I go back to Word it is in the normal mode.

My question is: How Can I keep Word in full-screen mode avoiding that it goes back to normal mode when I switch between desktops?
Is it that even possible?

Thank you very much for you kind attention and sorry for my poor English (I am not English).

Alex
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

What OS are you using? If you are using OS X Lion, then you want to hit the two arrows facing each other on the top right corner of any application window which will make it full-screen and when you switch between apps or desktops, they should remain..

I use this method when I code by putting X-Code into full-screen mode..

If you are running pre-Lion and just expanding the window to be full-screen, perhaps there is a glitch in Word that doesn't work well?

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
a82alex

a82alex is on a distinguished road

Hi,

thanks for replying.
I am currently using Lion.
I understand what you mean and with Safari I usually have no problem.
The problem is specifically with Word.
The 2 arrows you mentioned in Word are on the bottom-left part of the program (see pic, it's the 6th option).
Word goes in full-screen but if I move to another desktop, when I go back, Word is in normal view.
It's very annoying!!!!
Safari on the other hand remains in fullscreen even when I move through desktops.
My problem is with Word and I start to fear is a bug and there is no actual solution unless they fix it.

Is somebody know a solution to avoid this problem, that'd be very appreciated.

thanks Raz0rEdge for your prompt reply.

Thanks

Alex
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png (70.2 KB, 24 views)
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

The folks at the Microsoft Mac Office group have promised a fix for this in the future. There are also some other things about Office 2011 that are not completely in compliance with Lion. There is a service pack forthcoming. Microsoft is not exactly known for its speed in providing fixes - so be patient.
QUOTE Thanks
prestonvisser

prestonvisser is on a distinguished road

I am having the same annoying issue, i.e., that the "Focus View" disappears when I swipe between full screen applications. The focus view is awesome, but I would like to be able to keep it on!
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Send Microsoft a suggestion. Do not know how many times I have asked for an Office 2011 Uninstaller such as Office 2008, but still waiting for this also:-

Contact Us

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Excel problems | IPhone reminder "remind me on a day" disappears »