Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   OS X - Apps and Games (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-x-apps-games/)
-   -   Word 2011 - (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-x-apps-games/265423-word-2011-a.html)

a82alex 01-31-2012 11:39 AM

Word 2011 -

Hi all,

I am using Word-2011 to write my thesis and I find really good the full Screen mode. It helps me a lot in focusing.
Usually, I have Word-full screen mode in one desktop and internet in other one.
While writing I need to keep switching between the two desktops to read articles and then write about them.
The problem is every time I switch desktop, when I go back to Word it is in the normal mode.

My question is: How Can I keep Word in full-screen mode avoiding that it goes back to normal mode when I switch between desktops?
Is it that even possible?

Thank you very much for you kind attention and sorry for my poor English (I am not English).

Alex

Raz0rEdge 01-31-2012 12:59 PM

What OS are you using? If you are using OS X Lion, then you want to hit the two arrows facing each other on the top right corner of any application window which will make it full-screen and when you switch between apps or desktops, they should remain..

I use this method when I code by putting X-Code into full-screen mode..

If you are running pre-Lion and just expanding the window to be full-screen, perhaps there is a glitch in Word that doesn't work well?

a82alex 01-31-2012 01:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

thanks for replying.
I am currently using Lion.
I understand what you mean and with Safari I usually have no problem.
The problem is specifically with Word.
The 2 arrows you mentioned in Word are on the bottom-left part of the program (see pic, it's the 6th option).
Word goes in full-screen but if I move to another desktop, when I go back, Word is in normal view.
It's very annoying!!!!
Safari on the other hand remains in fullscreen even when I move through desktops.
My problem is with Word and I start to fear is a bug and there is no actual solution unless they fix it.

Is somebody know a solution to avoid this problem, that'd be very appreciated.

thanks Raz0rEdge for your prompt reply.

Thanks

Alex

chscag 01-31-2012 02:34 PM

The folks at the Microsoft Mac Office group have promised a fix for this in the future. There are also some other things about Office 2011 that are not completely in compliance with Lion. There is a service pack forthcoming. Microsoft is not exactly known for its speed in providing fixes - so be patient.

prestonvisser 02-08-2014 03:27 PM

Any Update on this Issue?

I am having the same annoying issue, i.e., that the "Focus View" disappears when I swipe between full screen applications. The focus view is awesome, but I would like to be able to keep it on!

harryb2448 02-08-2014 04:13 PM

Send Microsoft a suggestion. Do not know how many times I have asked for an Office 2011 Uninstaller such as Office 2008, but still waiting for this also:-

Contact Us