New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Color washed out printing from Pages

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

judypete

judypete is on a distinguished road

Greetings!

I'm a new MAC user. Working with Photoshop Elements 10 for MAC to edit Photos, which I import into Pages to create Brochures. When I print photos from PE10, all looks good. But when I print from Pages the colors are all washed out. Colors on my screen look good though. Anyone else have this problem or ideas how to fix? Adobe says it's not their problem. Many thanks in advance :-)
QUOTE Thanks
Deckyon

Deckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM

print the photos without putting them in pages first and see if they still print washed out.

MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1GB RAM
MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256MB RAM
iPhone 5S 64GB, iPad Gen3 32GB WiFi, iPod Nano Gen6 8GB, Apple TV 3 & 2
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

I don't believe that Pages itself is a color managed application (Elements is, and Adobe's right). I believe you can use ColorSync to color manage your print. It's in the print dialog.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
judypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckyon View Post
print the photos without putting them in pages first and see if they still print washed out.
Thanks Brad. I did print the photos from Photoshop Elements and they print with good color and resolution. But the color print quality from my Pages document, exported as a pdf is washed out.
QUOTE Thanks
Deckyon

Deckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM

You will need to dig into pages and see what the settings are for it and for the exporting to PDF. I do not have or use Pages, so I cant help from here.

MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1GB RAM
MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256MB RAM
iPhone 5S 64GB, iPad Gen3 32GB WiFi, iPod Nano Gen6 8GB, Apple TV 3 & 2
QUOTE Thanks
judypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysfunction View Post
I don't believe that Pages itself is a color managed application (Elements is, and Adobe's right). I believe you can use ColorSync to color manage your print. It's in the print dialog.
I'll try that Mike. Thanks. Is that color synch in Elements or Pages. It seems like the color and print quality is not getting communicated to Pages. A plain photograph printed from pages is washed out and so is a brochure exported as a pdf doc. Sooo frustrating.
QUOTE Thanks
chappers

chappers is on a distinguished road

Rather than actualy print the file, using the print command and view the print in preview do the images still look washed out
QUOTE Thanks
judypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappers View Post
Rather than actualy print the file, using the print command and view the print in preview do the images still look washed out
No they still look good in preview.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

That definitely points to an issue with the print settings in Pages. The print dialog box looks a bit different depending on printer, but try exploring some of the advanced options for better-quality print.
QUOTE Thanks
judypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
That definitely points to an issue with the print settings in Pages. The print dialog box looks a bit different depending on printer, but try exploring some of the advanced options for better-quality print.
Thanks Chas - I discovered that if I turn over control to PE10 for color and printing within PE10, and if I CmdP from "preview" in Pages instead of "print", I get access to a nice dialog box offering more advanced print choices and an acceptable print quality AND the option to email a PDF of better quality. I need the PDF to deliver to my clients for their Real Estate Brochures.

Phew, looking forward to the day when I'm not a MAC newbie :-).
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« syncing 2 Macbooks - ?? | A quick question? Do I need to install anather Web browser in my MBP// »