mail - alphabetically sorting messages
    Using outlook on a PC at work, I've really started to miss a function in mail: in outlook, when sorting messages alphabetically by either 'from' or 'to', and then typing 'm', this will automatically take you to names starting with m; typing 'mo' will take you to monica, moritz or similar, which I have come to find very useful.

Mail seems to unfortunately not work in this way. When sorting by 'from', for example, and then typing 'n', it won't take you to natasha, but it will take you to a message which has a subject starting with n. not very useful at all to me.

So I always end up scrolling down to the relevant name, which is annoying, when in outlook just typing 'nat' would take me very quickly to natasha.

Any ideas?

using mail 3.6 on OS X 10.5.8

Angry Is there a solution to this problem
    I just switched from Outlook to Mail and am plagued by the problem described here. Does anyone have a solution to this? Is there even an app out there that could be plugged in to add this functionality? Any help GREATLY appreciated!

Victoria, BC
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    You should probably update your Mail (and OS) to the current standard. As you can see from the pictures below, you can a) set Mail to show alphabetically by name (to or from) and b) type a letter or two and have people come up at the top of the list, making it very easy to see only the mail you want.

If you can't upgrade, then I'd suggest you get familiar with Smart Folders, as that can help you achieve much of what you want in a different way than you're used to but no less effectively

Thread Information