New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

How do you stop "US Holidays" from always coming up in iCal?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Tanlaithial

Tanlaithial is on a distinguished road

In my iCal account, I can't seem to get it to automatically stay with my Google calendar, since it always reverts to US Holidays; the only way I can get to my Google is to make a new calendar, then delete it so I get the right menu. This is REALLY annoying so can someone help me? I have the Lion operating system.
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

Under iCal > Preferences, what's your default calendar set to?

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
Tanlaithial

It's set to my Google calendar; I have Google so my family knows my class schedule, so I don't have a calendar that is strictly iCal, so all I have on there that I want is my sister's and mine; I can't find a way to get rid of the US Holidays one (or another one that somehow managed to get itself in there that shouldn't be, as it was my mom's and not "with" the program)
QUOTE Thanks
Tanlaithial

Would it be possible to reset iCal? So there are no subscriptions, and it's like it was when it was first opened? Would that fix it?
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

If you click on the Calendars button on the top left of the iCal window (not the menu bar) is "US Holidays" checked? If so, uncheck it.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
Tanlaithial

Nope... I unchecked it, closed iCal, reopened, and it's still the first to show. I found using Command-` to cycle through at least... but it won't save to being on my default
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« HELP!!!!! Adium contacts don't appear | Creating ebook »