Specs:
    Imac 27" Retina 5K, 512GB flash memory, 3.3GHz, 16GB memory, macOS Sierra beta.
    MacKeeeer Antivirus
    Now we have MacKeeper antivirus. Shocked to see us advertising it here on Mac Forums. Guess that is marketing.
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Specs:
    13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
    I've noticed that its been advertising on this site for a couple of months now...

I did find it slightly ironic that a site which is vehemently against MacKeeper, should advertise it.
    Play the guitar?! Check out the [newly created]Mac-Forums guitar thread!

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    Those ads I don't' even see since I use Ad Blocker to speed up page loads when moderating. The staff here has nothing to do with the ads. It's a feed I guess and helps pay the bills. I HATE some of them and anything to do with MacKeeper can jump in the lake. Sorry!

Specs:
    2011 MB Air Core i7 256GB, 2011 Mini with 8GB RAM, iPad 2, iPhone 4S, 2TB Time Capsule
    I was just thinking the same thing as dratvis7

I don't see any ads!

Specs:
    Mac OSX 10.7.3: MBP 15" Early 2011 2.0GHz i7, 8GB, 500GB 5400RPM
    I don't know if I have some sort of cookie screaming to the internet that I am using a Mac but every website I go to is advertising MacKeeper - most annoying!!

Specs:
    20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
    Mackeeper will die eventually I guess, but it sure is annoying to see it's ads everywhere. Praying on the innocent/unaware and making a few bucks.
    Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    It is the constant mention of MacKeeper (regardless, obviously, of context) that causes it to be advertised here.

Like most other such sites, the company that runs Mac-Forums (you lovely people!!) use an ad service and don't individually control what ads appear here. They also have no control over whether an advertiser is awesome (like OWC) or evil (like MacKeeper). Do what I do and ignore most ads.

Specs:
    Late-2013 27'' iMac, 3.4GHz Quad-Core i5, NVIDIA GTX 775M 2 GB GDDR5 Mem, 8 GB Mem, El Capitan 10.11
    Not sure about Safari, as I don't use it. But with Firefox, Seamonkey and Chrome, if you install Adblock Plus you'll not see ads. I haven't seen any ads on any site in years.
    “Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.” - Frank Zappa

My Original Music:

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by Spellbinder View Post
    Not sure about Safari, as I don't use it. But with Firefox, Seamonkey and Chrome, if you install Adblock Plus you'll not see ads. I haven't seen any ads on any site in years.
    Same here. If you aren't using an Ad Blocker of some sort, you're wasting a lot of your bandwidth on Ads.

For Safari, check out Safari AdBlock
    All other browsers, use Ad Block Plus..

Or, if you want to support Mac-Forums.com, you can always sign up for Premium Membership, which will give you the option to run with the Ad-free skin.

I do think it's a drag that we allow MacKeeper to advertise here, but unfortunately, the staff has no control over the ads that run.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    Same here. If you aren't using an Ad Blocker of some sort, you're wasting a lot of your bandwidth on Ads.
    This reminds me of a Slashdot article I read a while ago (here) which mentioned that the average web page size is now nearing a megabyte (compared to 702KB in 2010). No doubt that ads are a large contributor to that.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Thread Information