Playstation 2 on Lion
    Hey guys

I have a few questions regarding playing PS2 games on my mac (Lion).

I roughly understand that you need an emulator, and PS2 roms, or something like that, then I've read about needing BIOS or something and I get completely confused.

So basically would really appreciate any step-by-step advice with playing Ps2 games, through an emulator, and also using my PS3 controller to do so.

Apologies for the noobness of the post, and if this post would be better in another category please let me know.

27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3
    I'm not sure about the legality of emulators and PS2 or any other console ROMs..

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.

2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    Why not just play your games on a PS2? That way, they're guaranteed to work and you can play them on a TV.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Lake Mary, Florida
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Technically, it is illegal under the US DMCA to use console emulators as the encryption mechanisms meant to protect the system and the games need to be broken or reverse-engineered in order to make them usable. So, it's not something we discuss on this forum.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

Thread Information