iLife registered on different apple account!
    Hello everyone!

A friend of mine came back from Japan and brought me a macbook pro. But he registered everything on his name before I could say anything...now I can't update my iLife with my regular apple account.

Is there someway to revert this, or I'll have to ask for his password everytime I want to update it?

Also, there's an Angry Birds update available, but I can't update it - it's on his account as well - and I can't remove the '1' badge on my macstore icon.

How can I remove this 'update available' message? (angry birds is not even installed on my mac)

I'm using a late 2011 macbook pro 13", with lion installed.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mig_akira View Post
    A friend of mine came back from Japan and brought me a macbook pro. But he registered everything on his name before I could say anything...now I can't update my iLife with my regular apple account.

Is there someway to revert this, or I'll have to ask for his password everytime I want to update it?

Also, there's an Angry Birds update available, but I can't update it - it's on his account as well - and I can't remove the '1' badge on my macstore icon.

How can I remove this 'update available' message? (angry birds is not even installed on my mac)

I'm using a late 2011 macbook pro 13", with lion installed.
    No… you can't revert this. They are all tied to his account. You'll either need his password or you'll have to buy them.

To stop the App Store from showing you have updates, open the App Store, click on Purchases, and hover your cursor over to the right where an X button will appear. Click that and it'll act like you don't have that app anymore.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac » Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Thread Information