New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

iTunes Match and syncing with an older computer?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

uncool

uncool is on a distinguished road

I have an iMac running SL and a couple Win7 machines. iTunes Match should work well for these systems. The problem I have is my main jukebox is a G4 iBook which is integrated into my home entertainment system.
If use iTunes Match to sync the iMac and Win7 boxes, can I use one of the iTunes sync programs (TuneRanger, Echodio, SuperSync etc) to keep the iBook synced up or will iTunes Match prevent this for any reason?
I am mainly concerned with keeping purchased songs and playlists up to date. Play counts and ratings are not necessary.

Caveats:
All machines except the iBook are used to download songs and make playlists.
The iBook only plays the music.
Not all machines are running iTunes all the time so I can't rely on the sharing feature.
I currently maintain two sets of my music. One on a hard drive connected to my router and one on my iMac.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Application to manipulate jpg's or png's | iCal syncs work except in one case »