New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Transferring Digital Movies to another iTunes account

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

livingtx

livingtx is on a distinguished road

My husband and I have used our separate iTunes accounts to download digital movies. However, today, we purchased an Apple TV. We would like to be able to watch the movies tied to both of our iTunes accounts without having to be logged onto our laptops. We thought that moving the movies to our Mac Mini (server) would be a good option since it's always powered on. We would like a third iTunes account to use for future downloads and to transfer the digital movies we have previously downloaded with our own iTunes accounts. We don't need the movies to still be on our personal iTunes accounts, just the shared account that serves our Apple TV. Any idea how to transfer digital movies from one iTunes account to another?
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

I don't believe this is possible.

You can try calling Apple to verify this, but basically you'd need to re-buy the movies on the "correct" iTunes account to keep it all straight.

I haven't looked into it enough to know, but "Home Sharing" (a feature built into iTunes) may make the "problem" moot by allowing the movies tied to previous accounts to be played anyway.
QUOTE Thanks
livingtx

livingtx is on a distinguished road

Thanks, I found that just authorizing the Mac Mini Server on my iTunes account seems to do the trick.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Microsoft Money Replacement App? | This Blu-Ray program legit? »