Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Didn't work. %#@^#&.

More ideas welcome.

Specs:
    2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone 6+
    I may be wrong but this is what I would try at this point. It may not help but seems like the next logical step:

1. Upon disk utility and verify the disk. If errors are found click Repair Disk and attempt to fix the errors.
    2. Uninstall/delete the apps that are still causing problems. If they have uninstallers use those otherwise dragging them to the trash should and emptying it should suffice.
    3. Reinstall the apps from your account or the "clean" account you created. Do not install as root.
    4. Run repair permissions just as a precaution and then test the apps to see if they function.

BTW Don't send those bones to the local voodoo doc. In the right hands that's the start of a good gumbo lol.
    Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling

Ran Verify Disk, got "The volume Macintosh HD appears to be OK." Would prefer language that sounds a little more definitive, but whatever.

I would uninstall/reinstall Evernote if I could, but I can't do that from my regular user account--Mac App Store doesn't work at all (see original post). Also, the Netflix problem--there's no app malfunction involved since it's through Safari, and Safari works just fine. Only the Netflix content doesn't stream, and only in my regular account. I think I'm back to where I started...

Specs:
    MacBookAir5,2:10.9.5-MacMini3,1:10.9.5-iPhone6,1:8.4.1
    Re: Netflix. Uninstall Silverlight using the uninstaller as root, and reinstall it as a "normal" user. Safari uses Silverlight to view Netflix and Silverlight is, for all intent and purposes, is a separate application. Alternatively, you could try to find some different Silverlight content on the web and compare whether it's viewable as root and the regular user.
    Never judge a man, untill you have walked a mile in his shoes...
    That way you'll be a mile away from him, and you'll have his shoes.

Just viewed a Silverlight sample video on my regular user account--the same user account that cannot view Netflix streaming.

Also, the new user account I created a few hours ago can view Netflix streaming--so it's not a Silverlight-works-with-root-user-only situation.

Specs:
    MacBookAir5,2:10.9.5-MacMini3,1:10.9.5-iPhone6,1:8.4.1
    Quote Originally Posted by vinkadog View Post
    Just viewed a Silverlight sample video on my regular user account--the same user account that cannot view Netflix streaming.

Also, the new user account I created a few hours ago can view Netflix streaming--so it's not a Silverlight-works-with-root-user-only situation.
    Got me then. Good luck.

ETA: it's permissions somewhere as noted in the console log. Your original user doesn't have them to write where it needs to write. In the example below, the Evernote application starts but can't do logging because of it. That's why it quit's unexpectedly. Running repair permissions probably won't fix it...

12/30/11 7:56:07 PM Evernote[180] Unable to initialize logging: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=513 UserInfo=0xa21ca0 "You don’t have permission to save the file “Evernote” in the folder “Application Support”." Underlying Error=(Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=13 "The operation couldn’t be completed. Permission denied")
    Never judge a man, untill you have walked a mile in his shoes...
    That way you'll be a mile away from him, and you'll have his shoes.

Thanks for all the help--I really appreciate it.

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    If you have a good back up you may want to reformat your HD, do a clean OS install then repopulate your data and APPs.
    Other than that, I haven't a clue.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Hm, I hope I don't have to resort to that, but will consider it. Thanks again.

Thread Information