New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Word for Mac Questions

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

David46er

David46er is on a distinguished road

Can someone tell me the proper Forum where I can find advice about using MS Word for Mac?
QUOTE Thanks
pendlewitch

pendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: iMac 27" Mid 2010, 3.2GHz Intel Core i3,4GB 1333 MHz DDR3, ATI Radeon HD5670 512MB, Mavericks 10.9.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by David46er View Post
Can someone tell me the proper Forum where I can find advice about using MS Word for Mac?
Hello there and welcome, the senior guys may correct me but I'll give it a go.

If you haven't got a Mac yet or have just switched then use the 'Switcher Hangout'.

If you are running something like Office for Mac then this would probably belong in the 'OS X- Apps and Games' forum; and if you are booting you Mac up as a PC then you would use the 'Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac'.

It is recommended that you put the specs of your equipment with your title in your membership profile so that people can make more assured responses.

iMac 27-inch Mid 2010 (wow....that old...eeeks!), WD My Book 1TB Firewire,WD My Passport Air 500GB, Magic Mouse,Magic Trackpad,
iPhone 5C, iPod Nano 4GB 3rd Gen, ATV2.
MOTM October 2012. These days normally happy with an occasional grumble.
QUOTE Thanks
David46er

Thanks for the reply, pendlewitch. I switched to the Apple world in April, and am loving it!

I'm using an iMac with a wireless keyboard (which has less keys than the full "wired" keyboard) and a MacBook Air (ditto vis-a-vis the larger laptops).

My specific questions concern shortcut keystrokes in MS Word for Mac for the iMac wireless keyboard (and the MacBook Air keyboard). Most critically, how to go to beginning and end of a document. In the wireless keyboard, there's no "End" or "Top" or "Page Down" or "Page Up" keys. Every online help resource I've found so far does not give alternative keystrokes for keyboards that do not have these keys.

So, can anyone help on this...or, tell me where is the best Forum for getting answers to these questions?

Many thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by David46er View Post
Thanks for the reply, pendlewitch. I switched to the Apple world in April, and am loving it!

I'm using an iMac with a wireless keyboard (which has less keys than the full "wired" keyboard) and a MacBook Air (ditto vis-a-vis the larger laptops).

My specific questions concern shortcut keystrokes in MS Word for Mac for the iMac wireless keyboard (and the MacBook Air keyboard). Most critically, how to go to beginning and end of a document. In the wireless keyboard, there's no "End" or "Top" or "Page Down" or "Page Up" keys. Every online help resource I've found so far does not give alternative keystrokes for keyboards that do not have these keys.

So, can anyone help on this...or, tell me where is the best Forum for getting answers to these questions?

Many thanks!
You were given three specific answers as to which forum in the thread you replied to from Pendlewitch.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

I've taken the guesswork out of the equation and given you your own thread.

As a bonus - I'll give you the answer to your question. If you hold down the fn key and use the up or down arrows - it will function as page up/down. Hold down fn and cmd simultaneously and hit the right or left arrows - you get home/end.
QUOTE Thanks
David46er

Many thanks for the answers to my questions on shortcut keys for MS Word for Mac using a wireless keyboard! Do you know of any "master list" of shortcut keys for the wireless keyboard? Your answers have helped me with the most common of my frustrations for the past eight months, but there might be others where the wireless and "wired" keyboards are different, and where it might be helpful to know the shortcuts for the former.

Thanks in advance...and, thanks for the quick answer to my "critical" needs!
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

I don't know of any master list - to be honest - I didn't know those shortcuts until I went and experimented with different combinations. I do know that option + arrow up or cmd + arrows can be home or end depending on the application so I just used different combos until I found what I was looking for. I'm sure there's a master list of shortcuts somewhere but I don't know about wired vs wireless - I would expect the shortcuts to be pretty much the same for each.
QUOTE Thanks
David46er

No problem. Thanks for your help. I suspect shortcuts are pretty much the same for the two keyboards, except for the ones you've identified. So, again, thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
sleibo

sleibo is on a distinguished road

Using Windows Notepad in bootcamp: fn/control/left or right arrow gets you to Home or End keys.
QUOTE Thanks
shades

shades is a jewel in the roughshades is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac 21" 8GB, MBP 15" 2.5 Penryn, 4 GB/180 GB

You might try CheatSheet.

And here is a PDF of shortcuts: Mac shortcuts PDF.

These are Mac specific, but not application specific. Usually each application will provide a similar sheet.

Mellel 3, NWP 2, Scrivener 2.3.1, Tinderbox 5.11.2
LibreOffice 3.6, Accordance 10.0, Adobe CS4, DTP 2.4.3
OS X 10.8.2
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Any Video Converter | Word 2011: footnotes not in footer ? »