New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

HELP, After updating iphoto's i've lost all photo's

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Nickimum

Nickimum is on a distinguished road

HELP, I did a auto date on my Mac book Pro for iphoto's and now I can't find any of my photo's I am about to cry........the message coming up is saying "photo libary can't be view with current version of iphoto's" what the heck do I do.......6 months of photo's missing most of my baby, and YES I should of backed them up, have the new external hard drive sitting here and just hadn't got around to it grhhhhhhhhh
QUOTE Thanks
heiko_s

heiko_s is on a distinguished road

Go to your Pictures Folder and have a look for a big file called "iPhoto Library". In case it is still there check its file size (should be well over 1 GB depending on how much photos are inside) and **make a backup before proceeding**. Right-Click the file and select "show contents". Unless the Library is damaged you should now be able access the files and photos within the Library and copy them elsewhere. When you are done, you can create a new iPhoto Library and put your pictures back in.

The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.
Bertrand Russell
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Folder Sync | Have no permissions in iTunes to dl from the store !!! »