New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus ē Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts ē Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

help connecting to itunes store...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ianmdm

ianmdm is on a distinguished road

hi,

i have been unable to connect to itunes since my harddisk died and i put in a new one. everything else works fine. i get the following error when trying to connect:

"iTunes could not connect to the iTunes Store.
Make sure your network connection is active and try again."

i'm on osX 10.4.11 and iTunes 7.0.1, which is the most recent version i can have with this os. no firewalls. i was in another country at the time i replaced my hdd (got the computer in the u.s., replaced hardisk in germany, currently in u.s. again).

i've tried the troubleshooting on the apple support site and no luck. any suggestions? is it possible that i'm just not allowed to sign in with such an old version of itunes?

thanks!
ian
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

I have not found a definitive answer to this question yet but I suspect that the problem is the version of iTunes you are having to run. I have found posts from 2010 suggesting that the most recent version that could get in the store was 8.something. Even then the user was not able to see the main page.

How long has it been since you were able to connect reliably?

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
ianmdm

ianmdm is on a distinguished road

the last time i was able to connect was over a year ago. at the time, i assumed it was because i was trying to connect from another country with my u.s. account. i rarely use the itunes store so this is not a big deal, but more importantly it won't recognize my ipod. i was hoping that being able to sign in to itunes would change that.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« macbook won't save installed things? | New to Mac - Office 2011 Install »