New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Two things I'm surprised ALL email clients don't do

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Nashvillian

Nashvillian is on a distinguished road

I hope these features are available in some email client for Mac. If so, please let me know the name of the app.

1. When I start typing an email address or a name, auto complete shows me a drop-down list of people/addresses that match. So many times, that list includes addresses that are outdated or are not in the format that I desire. I know I can get out of that email, go look up that listing and change or delete the information, but seldom do I have the time, nor want to go to the trouble, to do all that. Why can't I select an address from that drop-down list, right-click/control-click/two-finger-click on it and edit it or delete it? And yes, I know that I can edit the name/email address for the specific email I'm sending, but that doesn't change the main record. The next time auto-complete comes up, the edited version is not there, the old one still is. Doesn't any program do this?

2. Delayed send. Seems like that would be a no-brainer. I can set all kinds of alarms, alerts and reminders for just about any time, but I can't write an email to remind someone of a meeting and have it sent on the day prior to the meeting. I'm willing to leave my machine on 24/7. I'm no programmer, but that sure seems like it would be easy and WAY useful!

I appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

1. Clicking "Previous Recipients" is too much for you? IOW there is a very easy solution to your first issue.

2. Eudora used to have that ability. Google Goggles offers it for GMail (sort of). You can kinda do it in iCal (invitations).
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Age of Empires II Unable to Join Game | MS Word 2011 hangs when open file »