New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Safari Not Loading Pictures.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Sexy Patrol

Sexy Patrol is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: '09 8-core MacPro | '12 MBA | iPad 2 16GB | iPhone 5C 16GB

Hey guys, I really can't figure out what triggered this or how I can fix it. So I was hoping that one of you may have had the same experienced and figured out how to fix it. Basically I open a web page on Safari and if there's pictures all I get are the blue question mark boxes. Is there a setting I needt to change or anything like that? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
QUOTE Thanks
Badger

There's a setting in the preferences that controls whether images load when the page loads. It's in the same preference panel that sets the font sizes. When you open the prefs it is the second from the left.
QUOTE Thanks
Phantom

I have that same problem but mine just loads half a pic (say a wallpaper) and thr rest is just gray
QUOTE Thanks
Sexy Patrol

I just checked the preferences and that box is checked. So I don't know what's up.
QUOTE Thanks
djmitch

I had this EXACT same problem (the blue question mark one, but only on certain sites, mind you) until I upgraded to 10.4.4. For the record, I also run Safari version 2.0.3.

By the way, select the "Report Bugs to Apple" option in the "Safari" menu every time you come across an issue like this. I did this repeatedly and firmly believe that such feedback led to a resolution of this problem in 10.4.4. It's proactivity like this that will continue to make Safari a better browser.
QUOTE Thanks
Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Patrol
I just checked the preferences and that box is checked. So I don't know what's up.
Is your hard disk almost full? OS X uses virtual memory. If your HD is almost full it restricts the free space available for VM. The system will try to compensate by reducing the load. Also, you might try to empty the Safari cache (in the Safari menu). Sometimes the cache isn't able to properly clean itself and fills up. That would restrict image display too.
QUOTE Thanks
Sexy Patrol

I have 28.34GB left on my hard drive and I regularly empty the cache on Safari. Anything else I can do? Can I adjust my virtual memory at all? This is really baffling to me, nothings wrong with my computer, it just doesn't load pictures on this particular website. Every other site works fine. No, I don't have any security measures in effect on my computer or my router (because I'm the one that set it all up)...I'm running out of ideas.
QUOTE Thanks
Badger

Try a different browser. Sometimes sloppy programming on a page will cause problems for Safari that will slip through on another browser. I keep IE because there is one site that I access that works normally with IE but shows a blank page with Safari.
QUOTE Thanks
Sexy Patrol

Hm, I downloaded a browser called Camino and the images still won't load. I watch the status bar and a URL for "simplyrandom.com" keeps flashing like it's constantly trying to load to no avail...
QUOTE Thanks
Badger

I just tried the site with Safari on Tiger and it worked normally. Is there any chance there is a filter installed somewhere? Does your isp filter/block certain urls?
QUOTE Thanks
Sexy Patrol

Hm, to my knowledge my ISP (Comcast) doesn't block anything, I don't have any filters setup on my PowerBook since it's mine and I can do whatever I want with it. I'll goof around with my System Preferences and Safari preferences to see if something got switched on accidentally...but to my knowledge it's all gravy on my systems. It's that stupid hosting site that jacks things up. Doesn't work on my desktop either (Dell Inspiron).
QUOTE Thanks
xNadiaa

xNadiaa is on a distinguished road

hi
I had the exact same problem, but all you have to do is update your software. Go to apple (top left corner) > software-update and then update everything. When finished, repeat same thing, new updates will appear, update again.
It helped me, hope it will help you too :]
xx
QUOTE Thanks
JDoub

JDoub is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Pro, G5, G4 Laptop, iMac, G3 Laptop, iPhones, iPods

Same problem. No problems in my account, but other users accounts will load about half the page and stop. this happens in both Safari, Firefox and iTunes Store.
I have even tried to set up new user accounts and the same thing happen there.
All this started happening after upgrading to latest OS. I'm running a 8 core Mac pro with 4TB hard drives, 5 GB RAM, OS 10.5.7 and Safari 4.0.2.
Any Ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
zheng0323

zheng0323 is on a distinguished road

I had exactly same problem with my new imac & macbook-pro, it was really annoying, the problem was the DSL connection. before I was using cable internet, it never had problems like this. however, after i switch to DSL internet, those images were not fully loadable.

I didnt switch bact to cable internet, b/c I have contract with ATT can not break it. So i purchased a router (linksys E3000)
connected it behind the att wifi modem(motorola), and did some configuration. and my pictures are loading now.

those configurations can easily be googled from website.
Link:
Library Search

hopefully this will help u
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Footnote Problem - Word 2011 | gedit command not found in Terminal »