New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Safari wont load images

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

minpud

minpud is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Hopefully someone has had this issue and can help?

If I search for images using Safari and then I click on an individual image to display it safari tries to load the images but then gives me a message saying unsupported browser?

If I click the ok button on the message a bit more of the image shows, if i keep clicking after two or three times the full image is displayed?

If I run Firefox I dont have this issue?

I have attached a screen shot of the message i get.

Thanks in advance

Min
Attached Images
File Type: png 12.png (17.9 KB, 10 views)
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

According to that, the site you are visiting doesn't support your version of Safari (it probably does but the dev doesn't think so). What version of Safari are you using and what website doesn't work?

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
minpud

Hi thanks for the reply,

Im running Safari 5.1.2

I get this message with every image i try and open when i search for images.

ie - through google i search 'ford' and then select 'images' at the top of the page. Which ever image i then click on i get the message.

Its not specific to any website it happens this happens with every image for any website?

Thanks again
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute

Try resetting Safari as a first step: Safari > Reset Safari...

I suggest this since it seems that something might be corrupt and this would be a first good step at cleaning out some things that might be causing some problems.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
minpud

Hi thanks

I had tried that already and Ive just reset safari again and it is still the same.

Ive just checked to see if there is an update available for safari and I running the latest version.

Ive also run a virus check and that didnt pick anything up, do you think it might be worth running some sort of a malware check - ive never done that before?

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

No, that won't be the cause of this issue. Have you changed your user agent by any chance (in other words, set Safari to identify as another browser)? Did you enable the developer menu? Do you have any extensions installed?

Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iTunes across multiple computers | Converting Documents »