New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Is there such a thing? (AVI-MOV)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

nyrangerfan5490

I have some AVI files that I would like to convert to a Quicktime format (they currently place in VLC) so I would like it to convert to .mov or .mpg. Is there such a program that can do this? I tried 3ivx but the sound is off with the visual. Thanks for any and all help!!
QUOTE Thanks
_humfy

_humfy will become famous soon enough

I think you can do the conversion from avi to mov with DivX Doctor:

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/14266

or Quicktime Pro, though I'd have to check...
QUOTE Thanks
Badger

If you have classic or can start in OS 9 you can try this: http://www.pure-mac.com/video.html#indeovid
QUOTE Thanks
Amen-Moses

Location: The home of the free and the land that did for Braveheart.
Amen-Moses is just really niceAmen-Moses is just really niceAmen-Moses is just really niceAmen-Moses is just really nice
Mac Specs: 24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrangerfan5490
I have some AVI files that I would like to convert to a Quicktime format (they currently place in VLC) so I would like it to convert to .mov or .mpg. Is there such a program that can do this? I tried 3ivx but the sound is off with the visual. Thanks for any and all help!!
VLC should be able to do that, you just ("just" who am I kidding!*) stream it to a file.

Amen-Moses

*it isn't really a simple thing to do so make sure you read the manual very carefully
QUOTE Thanks
nyrangerfan5490

thanks for the help...i dont know how to start in os9 and i already tried divx doctor with no luck, so Im gonna try the VLC thing. I guess I'll just look it up (sounds kinda hard)and if anyone has more suggestions, feel free to post! thanks
QUOTE Thanks
_humfy

_humfy will become famous soon enough

http://www.videohelp.com/
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Looking for non-field-based datafile | iPhoto quits unexpectedly »