New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

MSN messenger on the mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Daniel 1989 UK

Is it any different to the version you get on a microsoft pc ? how is it different ?
QUOTE Thanks
sursuciofla

Yes they all are. I couldn't tell you the diff though since I am not on my computer and I don't use it that often but I do know that the windows versions are better just because more time is spent on developing them. That is because there are more PCs than Macs in homes and businesses.
QUOTE Thanks
caribiner23

caribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Retina 13" among far too many other Apple products

The Mac version has far less features-- fewer smilies, no "winks" or any of that other superfluous stuff. I use it occasionally because people in my office use it and I sometimes I need to contact them from outside the company's premises.

It works for messaging, and that's about it.
QUOTE Thanks
Merlinblack

yeah pretty featureless compared with the windows one.

Still works like it should though. Get Google Talk instead it's prettier. You'll need 10.4 however.
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlinblack
yeah pretty featureless compared with the windows one.

Still works like it should though. Get Google Talk instead it's prettier. You'll need 10.4 however.
Google Talk doesn't have an official client for Mac OS X unless you know something no one else does.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
Shadowfax

Shadowfax is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iMac G5 20'' 2.0GHz 2gb Ram 400gb HDD

use mercury messenger its much better and u can use cams (not a feature in microsoft messenger for mac) !
QUOTE Thanks
Daniel 1989 UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfax
use mercury messenger its much better and u can use cams (not a feature in microsoft messenger for mac) !
I'm on Adium its really good the best messenger I've ever used Mercury isn't bad if only it could connect to AIM, Yahoo and others like Adium can..
QUOTE Thanks
ankushpatel

I used to have a windows and the Msn messenger used to be great you get audio,video, chat conference all these kewl features.

When i recently got a powermac g5 suddenly I was in Shock
on the mac version you dont get audio,video, etc.

Microsoft neeeds to do something, just use Adium much better, and also you can crack audio and video.

Ankush
QUOTE Thanks
apple_power

Location: London, Germany, USA, France, Holland, Belgium, Canada
apple_power is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Too many to list but have the latest to oldest macs.

I love it as now finally i can use my imacs built in isight to video chat with mates on msn.

I have never used the isight ever before, but it rocks and I am all for it.

Also I can use most winks and it is like a zillon times better then the microsoft crappy versio 5 which they have stripped.

Who dare's wins... :ninja:
QUOTE Thanks
Soccerji

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple_power
I love it as now finally i can use my imacs built in isight to video chat with mates on msn.

I have never used the isight ever before, but it rocks and I am all for it.

Also I can use most winks and it is like a zillon times better then the microsoft crappy versio 5 which they have stripped.
how can you video chat when msn messenger does not support video chat
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Garageband error after reformating? | Tech tool pro »