New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

micrsoft office test drive and proper version

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sik

I had the test drive version and now I have loaded the full version on. The files default to the test drive version still. How do I tell all .doc files to default to the full version of word.

how do remove the test drive version. There is an uninstall but it is unclear whether it is the full version or test drive!
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

You have to uninstall the Test Drive before you install the full version, it tells you that in the read me. You'll need to uninstall both and then reinstall the full version.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
sik

thats stupid
why wouldn't the software detect there is another version and remove the old version?
QUOTE Thanks
sik

I have been trying to remove office. I says it is removed and it tells me to delete it from the trash and i do so and it is still there.
I try and remove it again sometimes the unistall program detects components sometimes it doesn't and i try removing it again.
i can stil go into word and excel and powerpoint even though it tells me it has removed all components?
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sik
thats stupid
why wouldn't the software detect there is another version and remove the old version?
While it may not be the most intuitive I agree, it still doesn't dissolve your responsibility for reading directions before just installing something.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
jaahk

jaahk is on a distinguished road

Hi Schweb, I also installed Office over Office Test Drive. I have deleted both versions by dragging then into the trash and emptying the Trash. It seems that there are still some system files that are linked to the Test Drive version of Office. Will you please let me know how to install the full version of Office? Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaahk View Post
Hi Schweb, I also installed Office over Office Test Drive. I have deleted both versions by dragging then into the trash and emptying the Trash. It seems that there are still some system files that are linked to the Test Drive version of Office. Will you please let me know how to install the full version of Office? Thanks
There was an uninstaller for the Office Test Drive. Dragging it to the Trash would not have caught all of the necessary files for deletion.
You may need to reinstall the Test Drive, then remove it properly using the uninstaller to ensure that it is removed correctly.

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/default...d=office2004td

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Hopefully not against the TOS...Regarding Emulation | "Identities" feature with any other email client other than Thunderbird? »