New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Greeting card creation software?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

My wife wants to make Christmas cards this year to send out, so I'm looking for suggestions for software that's well suited to this. I'm considering Print Shop 2. I've used Print Shop waaaay back in the day and I see it's been updated for Lion and on the App Store, but reviews are mixed. I don't necessarily need dedicated software for greeting cards... I can really use pretty much anything, it's more the graphical elements that I need. Among her ideas was to have pictures of the dogs each inside a Christmas ornament as part of the scenery. Any thoughts here?

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac » Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisabeach View Post
My wife wants to make Christmas cards this year to send out, so I'm looking for suggestions for software that's well suited to this. I'm considering Print Shop 2. I've used Print Shop waaaay back in the day and I see it's been updated for Lion and on the App Store, but reviews are mixed. I don't necessarily need dedicated software for greeting cards... I can really use pretty much anything, it's more the graphical elements that I need. Among her ideas was to have pictures of the dogs each inside a Christmas ornament as part of the scenery. Any thoughts here?
Sounds like a good idea to me. I'd be interested in what you come up with.

I tried the Cards APP that came with IOS 5 and wasn't really impressed. Done a bit with Pages and it works but I tend to be a bit lazy and not terribly visually creative.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razormac View Post
Sounds like a good idea to me. I'd be interested in what you come up with.

I tried the Cards APP that came with IOS 5 and wasn't really impressed. Done a bit with Pages and it works but I tend to be a bit lazy and not terribly visually creative.
Yeah, I haven't really looked at that much yet, though I have it. It'd be a bit pricey to have Apple print up and mail out everything for us, thus my hesitance to bother with it. I may play with it some later.

BTW… I keep forgetting to comment on your avatar of Preston. I love the Wallace & Gromit shorts!

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac » Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
BTW… I keep forgetting to comment on your avatar of Preston. I love the Wallace & Gromit shorts!
Thanks.
I'm a big fan too. A while back (last year maybe) we were harassing Nick that he needed to update his Avatar. Robduckyworth proposed this and I stole it.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razormac View Post
Thanks.
I'm a big fan too. A while back (last year maybe) we were harassing Nick that he needed to update his Avatar. Robduckyworth proposed this and I stole it.
You know… I completely forgot about Wallace's Christmas Cardomatic. Maybe I should just build one of those.

I wish they'd release the Cracking Contraptions in HD. Have you seen the regular shorts (A Close Shave, et al) on Blu-Ray? They look downright amazing versus the DVD versions.

------
------
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

Quote:
You know… I completely forgot about Wallace's Christmas Cardomatic. Maybe I should just build one of those.

I wish they'd release the Cracking Contraptions in HD. Have you seen the regular shorts (A Close Shave, et al) on Blu-Ray? They look downright amazing versus the DVD versions.
We are still in the dark ages. I have been buying Blu-ray disks when they include a DVD in anticipation, but my standard DvD player continues to crank along so I haven't replaced it yet.

EDIT: I hadn't seen the Cardomatic so I did a search and found it on YouTube. Thanks for the heads up!

QUOTE Thanks
Aqua

Aqua has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini

Macintosh Greeting Card Software - Greeting Card Software for the Mac

“invincible ignorance” is an example of ignorance that can not be removed by any amount of evidence. It's now a widespread form of pollution. (Revised quote) An apple a day, keeps the psychiatrist away.. If you play a Windows install CD backwards it has satanic verses
QUOTE Thanks
Aqua

Aqua has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini

Custom Christmas Card Creation On The Mac - The Festive Mac 2007 - Applelinks.com

Avery releases free Design Pro for Mac | TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog

Free Online Templates | Labels, Business Cards, Greeting Cards, T-Shirt Transfers | Avery Design & P

Fun Card Maker - Ohanaware | FREE iCard replacement | FREE card software | FREE software - Ohanaware

and if you feel creative... Gift & Card - Canon CREATIVE PARK there are origami cards here too

“invincible ignorance” is an example of ignorance that can not be removed by any amount of evidence. It's now a widespread form of pollution. (Revised quote) An apple a day, keeps the psychiatrist away.. If you play a Windows install CD backwards it has satanic verses
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iweb publishing | Stop Bookmarks Auto-completing & Appearing in Safari Address Bar Drop Down »