New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Problem with Pages Font

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Devonviolet

Devonviolet is on a distinguished road

I just had my hard drive replaced because my original drive crashed. I used iPages (on '08 iWork), on the original drive, for the past several years, so am familiar with how it works. Since downloading my copy of iWork '08, I have been able to open current pages, but do not see a cursor and have not been able to type anything on the blank page. I have figured out that if I change the color, of the page, to a darker color, and type something, the font is showing up as the color white. I have tried to change the font to black or even another color, but the font continues to remains white.
After typing something (white on white), I just tried highlighting the text and changing it to darkest green or purple or even red, on the chart (vs. round color wheel), and the font shows as a very pale lavender.
I have checked all settings and can't see anything that might be wrong.
Can someone, please help me figure out what the problem is?
Thanks,
Devonviolet
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 4, 3 iPods, OS X 10.9.2

Open System Preferences, click on Universal Access, click on Seeing. Make sure the box that says "Black on White" under Display has a check in it.
QUOTE Thanks
Devonviolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
Open System Preferences, click on Universal Access, click on Seeing. Make sure the box that says "Black on White" under Display has a check in it.
CHSCAG,
Thanks for you suggestion. I checked under Universal Access, and the box WAS checked that says, "Black on White" under display. I am still not able to change the text color, within the document. Any other suggestions?
Thanks again,
Devonviolet
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 4, 3 iPods, OS X 10.9.2

The only thing I can suggest at this time is to completely remove iWork08 and reinstall it. Something is corrupt. It could be a bad plist file or some setting elsewhere. Make sure you save all your documents and templates before reinstalling.
QUOTE Thanks
Devonviolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
The only thing I can suggest at this time is to completely remove iWork08 and reinstall it. Something is corrupt. It could be a bad plist file or some setting elsewhere. Make sure you save all your documents and templates before reinstalling.
Thanks chscag,
I uninstalled iWork08 by dragging it to my trash and then deleted the trash. Then I reinstalled iWork08. That didn't help. So, out of desperation, I called Apple Support for software. After explaining my problem, I was transferred to someone in Pages Tech Support, who told me, that even though I uninstalled iWork08, there appeared to be some "corrupt?" files remaining. He walked me through removing the remaining files. I then reinstalled iWork08, and Voilà! Problem solved. You were on the right track, but for some reason all the iWork files didn't get deleted when I did the uninstall.
Thanks again,
Devonviolet
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Tunesque : Search for Apps without launching iTunes or the MAS !!!! | Word 2011 for Mac »