New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

My Mac does not have TextEdit???

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kroople

kroople is on a distinguished road

I know you guys are probably like "That's impossible!" but I have looked everywhere for it on my MacBook Pro and I cannot seem to find it. I using the most updated software. Can someone either tell me a failsafe way to find it or give me a download link please? Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

i know you said you looked but are you sure its not in your applications folder ?
QUOTE Thanks
kroople

Yes I checked there and a lot of other places. I found a suitable replacement, or maybe the actual thing, and it seems to be doing the job as of right now. I just thought all Macs came with TextEdit to begin with....
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kroople View Post
I know you guys are probably like "That's impossible!" but I have looked everywhere for it on my MacBook Pro and I cannot seem to find it. I using the most updated software. Can someone either tell me a failsafe way to find it or give me a download link please? Thanks.
Did you try searching your computer with "Spotlight"?

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
kroople

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
Did you try searching your computer with "Spotlight"?

- Nick
Yes I did. Like I said, I think I tried every method for searching.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Yes I did. Like I said, I think I tried every method for searching.
Actually you didn't say that you "tried every method for searching"...what you did say is you "looked everywhere for it".

"Looking everywhere for it"...is not the same as "I think that I tried every method for searching".

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Did you open Finder and use search for TextEdit ?
If you have Time Machine up and running you can get it back.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

If you really havnt got it and you have your install disc's or if Lion (you dont specify what OS you are using and i dont know what the "updated software" is) and you have a USB with it on it, dl Pacifist and extract just the TextEdit .pkge and you will be right to go

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
kroople

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
Actually you didn't say that you "tried every method for searching"...what you did say is you "looked everywhere for it".

"Looking everywhere for it"...is not the same as "I think that I tried every method for searching".

- Nick
Well you knew what I meant, and I am not trying to be mean or anything lol.

I think I found a replacement, and I don't have Time Machine running, and I did search in Finder. Thanks anyways guys.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Well you knew what I meant, and I am not trying to be mean or anything lol.

I think I found a replacement, and I don't have Time Machine running, and I did search in Finder. Thanks anyways guys.
Did you not see this post ?? Its simple enough to get if you have either install DVD's or Lion USB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
If you really havnt got it and you have your install disc's or if Lion (you dont specify what OS you are using and i dont know what the "updated software" is) and you have a USB with it on it, dl Pacifist and extract just the TextEdit .pkge and you will be right to go

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Any kind of timer app on OS X | iTunes deleted all files, help!! »