New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Question About Safari Password Storage, Does it require Master Password?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Hecktor

Hecktor is on a distinguished road

i just wanted to know this to help a friend of mine, Firefox has an option if the user wants to use a master password or not, if its not selected, all passwords can be used without supplying master password everytime firefox opens up.

does safari have the same thing? will passwords be used without asking for master passwords or key to the wallet?

thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
dakineyj

dakineyj will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5

Safari does not have a master password. However, if you use 1Password to store your passwords and logins it adds a button on the tool bar. when you hit the button and enter your master password it will fill in username and passwords. It will also fill in your identity info and credit card info. It also has iOS versions that sync with desktop versions so you always have your passwords with you.
QUOTE Thanks
Hecktor

Hecktor is on a distinguished road

this 1Password is External Application right? so inorder to securly store his passwords i have to find this '1Password' and install it for him?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Geektool scripts | PAGES for MAC and PAGES for iOS How does this work? »