How do I stop iTunes from opening Automatically?
    I'm new to this site, but hopefully someone can help me get this problem I'm having fixed. It's verrrry annoying.
    I just bought an iPad2 last week, and I don't know if it's something I did on that without realizing it or not, but now my iTunes opens automatically, on my desk top. It happens about every 5-10 minutes. I don't have anything (such as my iPad, or iPhone) connected to my desktop when this happens, it just happens for no apparent reason. Did I change some setting, or can someone P-l-e-a-s-e tell me how to stop this from happening. It never did this before I bought my iPad, and I've had iTunes for almost two years now.
    Please help me.
    Thank you in advance

North Louisiana, USA
    2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone 6+
    Do you have an iPad or iPhone set up to sync wirelessly? I haven't experienced the problem you are describing but perhaps it is trying to complete sync.

Try creating a new user account, if you don't already have a second one, and see if the same thing happens when logged in to that account.
    Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling

Hi Skydude,
    Yes I have an iPad, which I just bought a week ago, and also an iPhone, which I've had for almost two years. I really don't know if they're setup to sync wirelessly or not, but I do have them both set up wirelessly, so when I'm at home I'm not using the 3G network. How can I tell if they are set up to sync wirelessly? As you can tell, I'm not totally literate when it comes to this kinda stuff.
    I really hate to create a new user account if I don't have to although as a last resort I will, if it comes to that. The only thing I did try, and at the moment It seems to have worked, although I haven't accessed iTunes since I did it, so I don't know what will happen once I do. But I went into my computer on msconfig, and noticed that iTunes was set to come on when I booted up my computer, so I turned that off. So far iTunes hasn't popped up again, but as I say, I haven't accessed iTunes since, so once I do, I'm not sure if it'll start happening again or not. I guess time will tell.
    Thanks so much for your help though. It's much appreciated.

Thread Information